This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Prontosil and the Treatment of Spreading Peritonitis in Dogs.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1938; 24: 240
- Postoperative Treatment of Appendicular Peritonitis With Sulfanilamide and Its Derivatives.Brit. M. J. 1939; 2: 561
- Ein Beitrag zur Chemotherapie der bakteriellen Infektionen.Deutsche. med. Wchnschr. 1935; 61: 250
- The Use of Penicillin in the Treatment of Peritonitis.J. A. M. A. 1944; 126: 18
- The Prophylactic Use of Sulfanilamide in Abdominal Surgery.Surgery. 1940; 8: 43
- The Use of Sulfanilamide in the Treatment of Peritonitis.S. Clin. North America. 1939; 19: 1457
- The Use of Sulfanilamide in the Treatment of Peritonitis Associated With Appendicitis.Ann. Surg. 1940; 3: 53
- S. Clin. North America. 22. 1942: 1585 Symposium on New Trends in Surgery; the Results of Sulfonamide Prophylaxis in the Surgery of the Large Bowel.
- Studies on the Toxicity and Activity of Streptomycin.Science. 1944; 99: 540
- Chemotherapeutic Properties of Streptomycin.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 57. 1944: 226
- Streptomycin. A Substance Exhibiting Antiobiotic Activity Against Gram-positive and Gram-negative Bacteria.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 55. 1944: 66
- A Method for Determination of Streptomycin in Body Fluids.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 59. 1945: 255
- Infections of the Peritoneum.Paul B. Hoeber, Inc, New York1944
- Diffusion and Localization of Experimental Infections of the Peritoneum.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1944; 79: 457
- Studies on Streptomycin in Man. I. Absorption, Distribution, Excretion, and Toxicity.Am. J. M. Sc. 1945; 210: 421
Received: December 15, 1945
☆The work described in this paper was done under a contract, recommended by the Committee on Medical Research between the Office of Scientific Research and Development and the University of Pennsylvania.
© 1946 Published by Elsevier Inc.