This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Bacteriology of Normal Skin; New Quantitative Test Applied to Study of Bacterial Flora and Disinfectant Action of Mechanical Cleansing.J. Infect. Dis. 1938; 63: 301
- Hand Disinfection.Am. J. Obst. 1891; 24: 1414
- The Germicidal Activity of Rosin Soap and Fatty Acid Soap as Indicated by Handwashing Experiments.Oil & Soap. 1941; 18: 1
- Ueber Handedesinfekton und Handereinigung in Ihrer Bedeutung zur Verhütung von Krankheitsübertragungen.Ztschr. f. Hyg. u. Infektionskr., Leipzig. 1919; 88: 129
- Self-disinfecting Power of Skin as a Defense Against Microbic Invasion.Am. J. Hyg. 1930; 11 (and others): 345
- Studies on Self-disinfecting Power of Skin.Am. J. Pub. Health. 1931; 21: 1117
- Mortality of Haemolytic Streptococcus on Skin and on Other Surfaces.J. Hyg. 1938; 38: 575
- Mechanism of Self-disinfection of Human Skin and Its Appendages.J. Hyg. 1942; 42: 184
- The Development of a Germicidal Soap, Soap & Sanitary Chemicals & The Givaudan.March and April, 1945
- Value of New Compound Used in Soap to Reduce Bacterial Flora of Human Skin.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1944; 79: 205
- New Cutaneous Bactericidal Agent Used in Soap.Arch. Dermat. & Syph. 1945; 52: 385
- Reduction in Total Skin Flora by Daily Use of Soap Containing Dihydroxyhexachlorodiphenylmethane.J. M. Soc. New Jersey. 1945; 42: 15
- Observations on the Use of G-11 in the Surgical Scrub.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1947; 84: 355
Gump, W.: Personal Communication.
- New Studies in Surgical Bacteriology and Surgical Technic, With Special Reference to Disinfection of Skin.J. A. M. A. 1938; 111: 1993
- Ethyl Alcohol as a Germicide.Arch. Surg. 1939; 38: 528
- Formation of Invisible, Nonperceptible Films on Hands of Cationic Soaps.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 54. 1943: 254
Received: February 18, 1948
☆Aided by a grant from the Givaudan-Delawanna Company, Delawanna, N. J.
© 1948 Published by Elsevier Inc.