This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
Roe, Benson, and Goldthwaite, Joel: To be published.
- The Thromboplastic Action of Cephalin.Am. J. Physiol. 1916; 41: 250
- The Purification of Heparin and Its Chemical and Physiological Reactions.Bull. Johns Hopkins Hosp. 1928; 42: 199
- Studies on Heparin.J. Biol. Chem. 1933; 102: 425-437
- Heparin and Vascular Occlusion (Experimental Work Vascular Clotting in Dogs).Canad. M. A. J. 1936; 35: 621
- The Use of Heparin in Thrombosis.Ann. Surg. 1938; 108: 163
- Heparin as a Prophylactic Agent Against Thrombosis.J. A. M. A. 1941; 116: 2831
- On Specific Treatment of Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism With Anticoagulants, With Particular Reference to the Post-thrombotic Sequelae; the Results of Five Years' Treatment of Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism at a Series of Swedish Hospitals During the Years 1940–1945.Acta. med. Scandinav. 1946; : 1-221
- The Origin and Physiology of Heparin, The Specific Therapy in Thrombosis.Ann. Int. Med. 1947; 27: 361-370
- The Influence of Protamine on the Anticoagulant Effect in Vivo.J. Biol. Chem. 1938; 122: 153
- Heparin Therapy in Acute Deep Venous Thrombosis.J. A. M. A. 1946; 131: 196
- The Action of Heparin on Experimental Venous Thrombosis.Surgery. 1947; 22: 746-760
- Thrombosis of the Deep Veins of the Lower Leg Causing Pulmonary Embolism.New England J. Med. 1934; 211: 993-997
- Thrombophlebitis; Role of Vasospasm in The Production of Clinical Manifestations.J. A. M. A. 1940; 114: 117-124
- Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism.J. A. M. A. 1945; 128: 397-403
- Pulmonary Embolism: A Correlation of Clinical and Autopsy Studies.Surgery. 1948; 23: 47-62
- Therapeutic Considerations of Thrombophlebitis and Phlebothrombosis.New England J. Med. 1941; 225: 207-227
- Quantitative Determination of Prothrombin.J. Biol. Chem. 1937; 119
- Studies on the Chemistry of Blood Coagulation.J. Biol. Chem. 1936; 115: 149-155
- Prothrombin Activity—A Diagnostic Test for Early Post-operative Venous Thrombosis.in: Read before the American Surgical Association, Quebec, CanadaMay 28, 1948
- The Anticoagulant From Spoiled Sweet Clover Hay.in: The Harvey Lectures. Vol. 39. Science Press Printing Company, Lancaster, Pa1943: 162-216
- The Use of Dicumarol as an Anticoagulant. Experience in 2307 Cases.Ann. Int. Med. 1947; 27: 371-381
- Anticoagulant Treatment of Post-Operative Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism.New England J. Med. 1948; 238: 1
- Dicoumarin in Clinical Use; Studies on Its Prophylactic and Therapeutic Value in Treatment of Thrombo-embolism.Acta. chir. Scandinav. (Supp. 100). 1945; 92: 1-219
- Dicumarol Prophylaxis Against Venous Thrombosis in Women Undergoing Surgery.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1948; 86: 461-464
- Post-Operative Treatment.New England J. Med. 1929; 201: 510
- Post-Operative Pulmonary Complications.Arch. Surg. 1920; 1: 114
- Post-Operative Pulmonary Complications.Arch. Int. Med. 1922; 29: 449
☆Read at the second annual meeting of the Society for Vascular Surgery, Chicago, Ill., June 20, 1948.
© 1949 Published by Elsevier Inc.