This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.1. Symptoms believed to be caused by bleeding from an ovary were recorded on 172 patients. In 84, the diagnosis was verified at operation. In 88, the diagnosis seemed so certain and symptoms and signs so minimal that operation was not considered necessary.
- 2.2. Symptoms, signs, operative findings, and treatment were analyzed in the 84 patients subjected to operation.
- 3.3. Attention was called to the difficulties of differential diagnoses in such patients whose histories and findings simulate acute appendicitis, ectopic pregnancy, and other acute abdominal emergencies, and to the fact that increasing experience with the disease apparently does not make such differentiation more successful.
- 4.4. It was pointed out that treatment should be conservative with preservation of all ovarian tissue.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Ovarian Lesions Simulating Appendicitis.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1940; 70: 1100-1104
- Intraperitoneal Hemorrhage From Ruptured Ovarian Retention Cysts.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1939; 68: 824-831
- Rupture of the Graafian Follicle and Corpus Luteum.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1936; 62: 114-117
- Intermenstrual Pain—A Surgical Condition.Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 1940; 39: 684-689
- Ruptured Graafian Follicle and Corpus Luteum With Intra-Abdominal Hemorrhage Simulating Acute Appendicitis and Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy.Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 1939; 38: 288-294
- Information Regarding the Time of Human Ovulation Derived From a Study of Three Unfertilized and Eleven Fertilized Ova.Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 1944; 47: 343-356
Received: April 3, 1950
© 1951 Published by Elsevier Inc.