This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Effect of Complete and Partial Starvation on the Rate of Fibroplasia in Healing Wounds.Arch. Surg. 1933; 27: 846
- Vitamin C Deficiency and Wound Healing; Experimental and Clinical Study.Ann. Surg. 1937; 105: 616
- Healing of Wounds; Experimental Study to Show Influence of Body Dehydration.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1932; 54: 872
- The Tensile Strength of Healing Wounds.Acta chir. Scandinav. 1944; 90: 5-108
- Effect of Hypoproteinemia on Wound Disruption.Arch. Surg. 1938; 36: 500
- The Relation of Protein Deficiency to Experimental Wound Healing.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1947; 85: 751
- Effect of Adrenocorticotrophic Hormone (ACTH) on Rheumatoid Arthritis.Am. J. Med. 1949; 7: 749
- Effect on Cortisone on Production of Granulation Tissue in the Rabbit.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 72. 1949: 718
- Effect of Cortisone on Experimental Fractures in the Rabbit.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 73. 1950: 678
- The Metabolic Response to Surgery.in: Charles C Thomas, Publisher, Springfield, Ill1952: 79 (Case No. 20)
- Effect of High Protein Diet on Velocity of Growth of Fibroblasts in Healing Wounds.Ann. Surg. 1930; 91: 641
Prudden, J. F., and Meadows, E. C.: Unpublished data.
- Alteration in Permeability of Some Membranes by Hyaluronidase and Inhibition of This Effect by Steroids.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 72. 1949: 136
- Suggested Mode of Action of Corticotropin in Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Allergic State.Brit. M. J. 1950; 2: 1165
- Tissue Protein Depletion; A Factor in Wound Disruption.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1948; 86: 107
- Desoxycorticosterone.J. Mt. Sinai Hosp. 1942; 8: 1177
- Desoxycorticosterone Acetate and Wound Healing.J. Exper. Med. 1951; 93: 217
- Some Studies on the Role of the Adrenal Cortex in Organic Metabolism.Ann. New York Acad. Sc. 1949; 50: 576
- Retardation of Wound Healing by Cortisone.Surgery. 1950; 28: 177
Received: July 24, 1952
☆This research was supported by a grant from the Division of Research Grants and Fellowships of the United States Public Health Service.
© 1953 Published by Elsevier Inc.