This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
An analysis of 66 cases of primary carcinoma of the liver occurring over the past seven years has been presented. The importance of considering this lesion in the diagnosis of surgical disease of the biliary system is emphasized.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Combined Liver Cell and Bile Duct Carcinoma.Am. J. Path. 1949; 25 (July): 647-655
- Primary Carcinoma of Liver With Hypoglycemia.Am. J. Cancer. 1935; 24 (May): 51-55
- Primary Carcinoma of Liver in Hemochromatosis.Am. J. M. Sc. 1941; 202 (Nov.): 708-714
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver; A Study in Incidence, Clinical Manifestations, Pathology, and Aetiology.H. K. Lewis & Co., Ltd.,, London1951
- Cancer of the Liver, Bile Ducts and Pancreas.J. A. M. A. 1948; 136 (Jan. 3): 28-35
- Primary Hepatoma With Metastasis to a Long Bone.Radiology. 1950; 55 (Dec.): 844-847
- Surgery of the Pancreas.W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1953
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver; Report of Case and Review of Literature.Am. J. Surg. 1939; 43 (Jan.): 96-105
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver; a Study of 100 Cases Among 48,900 Necropsies.Cancer. 1954; 7 (May): 462-503
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver; a Ten Year Collective Review.Internat. Abstr. Surg. 1939; 69: 231-236
- Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1939 (Sept.) ed. 7.
- An Analysis of 62 Cases of Primary Carcinoma of the Liver Based on 24,400 Necropsies at Bellevue Hospital.Ann. Int. Med. 1937; 11 (Dec.): 889-900
- Teratoma of the Liver in an Infant.Am. J. Clin. Path. 1945; 15 (April): 159-162
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver.New York J. Med. 1951; 51 (Sept. 15): 2123-2128
- Benign Hepatoma; Review of the Literature and Report of a Case.Ann. Int. Med. 1942; 17 (July): 130-139
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver—A Study of Thirty-one Cases.Arch. Int. Med. 1947; 79 (May): 532-554
- A Clinicopathological Study of Primary Carcinoma of the Liver.Arch. Int. Med. 1911; 8: 238-261
- Report of a Case of Resection of the Liver for the Removal of a Neoplasm With a Table of Twenty-six Cases of Resection of the Liver for Hepatic Tumors.Ann. Surg. 1899; 30: 267
- Cancer of the Liver in the Negro in Africa and in America.Cancer Research. 1944; 4 (Sept.): 571-577
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver.Arch. Surg. 1950; 61 (Oct.): 599-609
- Primary Carcinoma of the Gallbladder.Am. J. Digest. Dis. 1939; 6: 381-387
- Case Records of the Massachusetts General Hospital Cabot Case No. 22051.New England J. Med. 1936; 214: 209
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver.Canad. M. A. J. 1951; 64 (March): 240-242
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver: An Analysis of Fifty-five Autopsied Cases, the Record of a Case With Resection, and a Review of the Recent Literature.Surgery. 1948; 24 (Dec.): 1036-1038
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver.Arch. Int. Med. 1952; 89 (March): 436-444
- Cirrhosis Following Infectious Hepatitis—A Report of Five Cases, in Two of Which There Was Superimposed Primary Liver Cell Carcinoma.Arch. Int. Med. 1948; 81 (May): 666-689
- Malignt hepatoma med implanlasjons metastase etter leverpunksjon.Nord. med. 1951; 46 (Oct. 3): 1492-1494
- A New Technique for the Diagnosis of Carcinoma, Metastatic to the Liver: A Preliminary Report.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1953; 96 (Feb.): 210-214
- Further Observations on Primary Carcinoma of the Liver in Chinese.Ann. Int. Med. 1932; 6 (Oct.): 485-496
- Primary Liver Cell Carcinoma in Infancy—Report of Two Cases, One Showing Calcification.Am. J. Clin. Path. 1942; 12 (June): 321-327
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver: A Study of One Hundred Thirty-four Cases.J. Path. & Bact. 1932; 35 (July): 557-562
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver—A Study of Its Diagnostic Features.M. Clin. North America. 1942; 26 (May): 855-863
- The Incidence of Cancer in Filipinos.J. A. M. A. 1927; 88: 1627-1629
- Resection of the Liver for Hepatoma.Arch. Surg. 1941; 43 (July): 14-20
- Primary Tumors of Liver.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1945; 80 (June): 643-650
- Report of a Case of Teratoma of the Liver in an Infant.Texas J. Med. 1944; 40 (Dec.): 426-427
- Primary Carcinoma of the Liver.J. A. M. A. 1918; 64: 1301
Received: September 29, 1954
☆Supported in part by the Cora and Webb Mading Fund for Surgical Research.
© 1955 Published by Elsevier Inc.