This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The Effects of 5-Hydroxytryptamine on Acid Gastric Secretion.in: Proc. Internat. Physiol. Congr. 1956: 102
- Effect of Intraluminal Application of 5-Hydroxytryptamine and 5-Hydroxytryptophan on Peristalsis: Local Production of 5-HT and Its Release in Relation to Intraluminal Pressure and Propulsive Activity.J. Physiol. 1957; 140: 381
- Collection of Entire External Secretion of Pancreas Under Sterile Conditions and Fatal Effect of Total Loss of Pancreatic Juice.J. Exper. Med. 1927; 45: 561
- Pharmacology of Indolealkylamines.Pharm. Rev. 1954; 6: 425
- Distribution of 5-Hydroxytryptamine (Serotonin, Enteramine) in the Wall of the Digestive Tract.J. Physiol. 1953; 119: 352
- Serotonin and the Gastrointestinal Tract.Gastroenterology. 1958; 35: 570
- Effect of 5-Hydroxytryptamine on Intestinal Motor Function in Man.Am. J. Med. 1957; 23: 886
- Urinary Excretion of 5-Hydroxyindoleacetic Acid in Diarrheal States, With Special Reference to Nontropical Sprue.New England J. Med. 1958; 259: 337
- Effects of Vagotomy on Pancreatic Secretion in Dogs With Chronic Pancreatic Fistula.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1952; 95: 529
- Malignant Carcinoid of the Small Intestine.Am. Heart J. 1954; 47: 795
- Serotonin and Gastrointestinal Function.J. Mount Sinai Hosp. 1959; 26: 450
- The Effect of Serotonin on Human Gastric and Pancreatic Secretion and Bile Flow.Clin. Res. 1959; 7: 32
- The Influence of Serotonin on Gastric Mucin Production.Gastroenterology. 1958; 35: 289
- Effects of Serotonin and Serotonin Precursor on Gastric Secretion in the Dog.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1959; 109: 168
- Studies on Serotonin in Platelets.in: ed. 3. Fed. Proc. 13. 1954: 412
Received: April 29, 1960
☆Supported by Grant A-2937 from the United States Public Health Service.
© 1960 Published by Elsevier Inc.