This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Pain: An indication for carotid tumor resection.A. M. A. Arch. Surg. 1961; 83: 205
- Free autogenous vein graft to the internal and common carotid arteries in the treatment of tumors of the neck.Ann. Surg. 1953; 137: 205
- Carotid body tumor.Am. J. Surg. 1957; 94: 649
- Resection of carotid body tumors with preservation of the carotid vessels.A. M. A. Arch. Surg. 1956; 72: 595
- Carotid body tumors.Internat. Abst. Surg. 1943; 77: 177
- Tumors of the carotid body.Ann. Surg. 1941; 114: 820
- Carotid body tumor in the dog.J. Am. Vet. M. A. 1960; 137: 411
- The management of carotid body tumors—a case report of bilateral carotid body tumors.Surgery. 1953; 34: 104
- A long term appraisal of carotid body tumors with remarks on their removal.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1951; 92: 481
- Tumors of the carotid body and related structures.Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington1951 (Section IV, Fasc. 16)
- Surgery of head and neck tumors.Paul B. Hoeber, Inc, New York1957
- The natural history of carotid body tumors: Their diagnosis and treatment.Brit. J. Surg. 1950; 37: 445
- Carotid body tumors.A. M. A. Arch. Surg. 1953; 67: 194
- Carotid insufficiency—diagnosis and surgical treatment. A report of 21 cases.J. Neurosurg. 1959; 16: 1
- Carotid body tumors.Surgery. 1962; 51: 326
- Surgical treatment of carotid body tumor. Value of anticoagulants in ligation.Ann. Surg. 1951; 133: 837
- Carotid body tumors (chemodectomas).Ann. Surg. 1953; 157: 465
- Primary tumors of the carotid body. Review of 159 histologically verified cases and report of a case.West. J. Surg. 1937; 45: 42
- Adenomata of the carotid gland.Bull. Johns Hopkins Hosp. 1920; 31: 177
- Chemodectoma (non-chromaffinic paraganglioma) of the carotid body with distant metastasis.Am. J. Path. 1954; 30: 1
Rush, B. F.: Familial bilateral carotid body tumors. In press.
- Surgical experiences with tumors of the carotid body, glomus jugulare and retroperitoneal non-chromaffin paraganglia.Ann. Surg. 1959; 150: 808
Spencer, F.: Personal communication.
- The management of carotid body tumors with a report of 7 cases.Brit. J. Surg. 1960; 47: 605
Received: June 4, 1962
© 1962 Published by Elsevier Inc.