This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The history of the radical mastectomy.Ann. M. Hist. 1941; 3: 36
- Saint Agatha, patron of nursing mothers.Aesculape. 1930; 20: 81
- Saint Agatha, the Patron Saint of diseases of the breast in legend and art.Bull. Hist. Med. 1950; 24: 409
- Recent advances in surgery. The surgical treatment of breast cancer: An historical and collective review.Surgery. 1953; 34: 904
- Breast cancer and its diagnosis and treatment.Williams & Wilkins Company, Baltimore1955
- Surgical instruments in Greek and Roman times.The Clarendon Press, Oxford1907
- The surgical instruments of the Hindus. vol. II. The Calcutta University Press, Calcutta1914
- Radical mastectomy. The technique and the complications.Brit. J. Surg. 1948; 36: 113
- Iconography of Saint Agatha, protector of women suffering from breast diseases.Minerva med. (Torino). 1961; 52: 344
- Armamentarium chirurgicum.B. Kuhnen, Vlmae Svevorum1655
Received: March 12, 1962
© 1962 Published by Elsevier Inc.