This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The experience at the University of Minnesota Hospitals in the treatment of 68 malignant tumors of the major salivary glands has been reviewed. To reduce the high incidence of recurrence and to improve the long-term survival rate a more aggressive surgical treatment is urged.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Use of nerve grafts for repair of defects in the facial nerve.Ann. Surg. 1961; 153: 433
- Surgical management of parotid lesions. Review of 760 cases.A. M. A. Arch. Surg. 1960; 80: 890
- Beobachtungen über Geschwülste der Speicheldrüsen.Virchows Arch. path. Anat. 1859; 17: 357
- Philadelphia, Pa.April 17–19, 1960 Evaluation of facial nerve grafts following resection of facial nerve in treatment of malignant tumors of face and parotid gland, presented at the Sixth Annual Meeting of the Society of Head and Neck Surgeons,
Blady, John V.: Personal communication.
- Tumors of the major salivary glands.Cancer. 1953; 6: 1065
- Tumors of the major salivary glands.in: ed. 2. Atlas of tumor pathology. Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D. C1954 (Section IV, Fascicle 11)
- Benign tumors of the major salivary glands. A clinical pathological review of 142 cases.Surgery. 1961; 50: 625
- Philadelphia, Pa.April 17–19, 1960 The results of the repair of the facial nerve following parotid surgery, presented at the Sixth Annual Meeting of the Society of Head and Neck Surgeons,
- Adenocarcinoma, cylindroma type, of the parotid gland. A clinical and pathological study of 21 cases.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1946; 82: 342
- Tumors of the salivary glands. A clinicopathological study of 160 cases.Cancer. 1950; 3: 445
- Muco-epidermoid tumors of salivary glands.Ann. Surg. 1945; 122: 820
Received: October 18, 1961
☆This work was supported in part by a grant from the Minnesota Division of the American Cancer Society.
© 1962 Published by Elsevier Inc.