This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Philip Syng Physick (1768–1837) “The Father of American Surgery”.J. Med. Educ. 1960; 35: 541
- Injuries to the ankle.William Heinemann, Ltd, London1950
- Dissertation sur les effets du movement et du repos dans les maladies chirurgicales. 1779; (Rouen and Paris)
- Dictionary of national biography. Vol. 16. Oxford University Press, London1937 (Percivall Pott)
Earle, J.: See The Chirurgical Works of Percivall Pott.
- The life of John Hunter.T. Becket, London1794
- Opuscula pathologica.in: Sumpt. Marci-Mic. Bousquet & Soc, Lausanne1775
- The genuine works of Hippocrates.Williams & Wilkins Company, Baltimore1939 (Adams, F., translator)
- Surgeon John Jones, U. S. Army, Father of American Surgery and Author of America's First Medical Book.Bull. Hist. Med. 1943; 13: 10
- The reluctant surgeon.Doubleday & Company, Inc, Garden City, N. Y1960
- The history of St. Bartholomew's Hospital.C. Arthur Pearson, Ltd, London1918
Ottley, D.: Life of John Hunter: in Palmer, editor: The works of John Hunter.
- Palmer J.F. The works of John Hunter, F. R. S. with notes. 1837 (London)
- The chirurgical works of Percivall Pott, F. R. S. Surgeon to St. Bartholomew's Hospital, a new edition, with his last corrections, to which are added, a short account of the life of the author, a method of curing the hydrocele by injection and occasional notes and observations by Sir James Earle.Wood & Innes, London1808
- Medical classics. 1936; 1: 271
- British masters of medicine.William Wood & Company, Baltimore1936
- A mirror for surgeons.Little, Brown & Company, Boston1939
Received: September 29, 1961
☆The portraits of Mr. Pott were supplied by the Lena R. Arents Rare Book Room, Syracuse University Library.
© 1962 Published by Elsevier Inc.