This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The determination of hexosamine according to Elson and Morgan.Acta chem. scandinav. 1948; 2: 467
- Distribution of hexosamine in electrophoretically separated extracts of rat connective tissue.Arch. Biochem. 1955; 57: 357
- A new specific color reaction of hexuronic acids.J. Biol. Chem. 1947; 167: 189
- Some systemic chemical responses to local inflammation.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 98. 1958: 655
- Some chemical aspects of inflammation.Am. Surgeon. 1959; 25: 344
- The chemical dissection of rat skin.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 105. 1960: 324
- The dermal chemical response to local inflammation.J. Invest. Dermat. 1961; 36: 451
- Dermal chemistry of local necrotic ulceration.Surgery. 1962; 51: 682
- The effect of sodium Dilantin administration upon the chemistry of the skin.J. Clin. Invest. 1960; 39: 1758
- Some biochemical aspects of fibrogenesis and wound healing.New England J. Med. 1958; 259: 814
- Biochemical studies of connective tissue repair.Ann. New York Acad. Sc. 1960; 86: 943
- A chemical description of inflammation and repair.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1959; 109: 85
- A modified method for the determination of hydroxyproline.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 83. 1953: 461
- The determination of collagen and elastin in tissues.J. Biol. Chem. 1950; 186: 549
- Histochemistry.Little, Brown and Company, Boston1960
- The acceleration of wound healing with cartilage.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1957; 105: 283
- The influence of cartilage on the time course of wound healing.in: S. Forum. 10. 1960: 308
- The thiobarbituric acid assay of sialic acids.J. Biol. Chem. 1959; 234: 1971
- Glycoproteins of plasma.in: Chemistry and biology of mucopolysaccharides, Ciba Foundation Symposium. Little, Brown & Company, Boston1958: 245
Received: July 19, 1961
☆Supported by grants-in-aid from the National Institute of Arthritis and Metabolic Diseases (A-3862), United States Public Health Service, Bethesda, Md., and the Schering Corporation, Bloomfield, N. J.
© 1962 Published by Elsevier Inc.