This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Clinical pharmacology of various types of fibrinolytic enzyme preparations.Am. J. Cardiol. 1960; 6: 462
- Effect of combined treatment with plasmin (fibrinolysin) and heparin on the lysis of clots with various stages of organization.in: ed. 2. Fed. Proc. 16. 1957: 278
- The prophylaxis of peritoneal adhesions.Surgery. 1942; 11: 118
- Healing of infected wounds treated with human plasmin and hyaluronidase.A. M. A. Arch. Surg. 1957; 74: 207
- Review of clinical experience with clot-lysing agents.Am. J. Cardiol. 1960; 6: 476
- Fibrinolytic agents.M. Clin. North America. 1961; 45: 917
- Fibrinolytic and proteolytic activity of human plasminogen prepared from fraction III of human plasma.J. Appl. Physiol. 1953; 6: 42
Duff, G. L.: Quoted by Boys.3
- The practical basis of therapeutics.The Macmillan Co.,, New York1956
- The lysis of arterial thrombi in rabbits and dogs by use of human plasminogen.Surgery. 1955; 37: 794
- Treatment of clotted hemothorax with fibrinolysin.Dis. Chest. 1959; 36: 37
- The prevention of peritoneal adhesions with heparin. An experimental study.Ann. Surg. 1940; 111: 427
- Heparin in the prevention of peritoneal adhesions.Ann. Surg. 1940; 112: 969
- Experimental prevention of intraperitoneal adhesions with heparin.Surgery. 1942; 12: 236
- Heparin in the abdomen.Ann. Surg. 1945; 121: 508
- The combined use of fibrinolysin and anticoagulant agents. Laboratory and clinical considerations.Am. J. Cardiol. 1960; 6: 496
- An experimental study of fibrinolysis in the prophylaxis of peritoneal adhesions.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1961; 113: 547
- Experimental study of factors affecting the development and persistence of intraperitoneal adhesions.in: ed. 2. S. Forum. 1. 1950: 125
- The effect of heparin on components of the human fibrinolytic system.Blood. 1958; 13: 811
- Intestinal obstructions.Charles C Thomas, Springfield, Ill.,1955
☆This work supported by Grant No. C3817 of the National Cancer Institute and institutional funds.
☆☆Read at the Twenty-third Annual Meeting of the Society of University Surgeons, Cleveland, Ohio, Feb. 8–10, 1962.
© 1962 Published by Elsevier Inc.