Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Intubation studies of the human small intestine. XIV. The absorption of glucose from the duodenum.Am. J. M. Sc. 1940; 200: 532
- Intubation studies of the human small intestine. VII. Factors concerned in absorption of glucose from the jejunum and ileum.Am. J. Digest. Dis. & Nutrition. 1937; 4: 742
- The relation between plasma volume fall and movement of fluid into the jejunum during dumping.Gastroenterology. 1961; 40: 803
- Cardiovascular changes in the post-gastrectomy syndrome.Brit. J. Surg. 1959; 46: 350
- The dumping syndrome: Correlations between its experimental production and clinical incidence.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1955; 100: 559
- Textbook of medical physiology. W. B. Saunders Co.,, Philadelphia1961: 855 ed. 2.
- Evaluation of the autonomic nervous system response in patients with the dumping syndrome.in: S. Forum. 11. 1960: 318
- Peripheral blood flow and blood volume studies in dumping syndrome.A. M. A. Arch. Surg. 1957; 74: 686
- The osmotic control of gastric emptying.Gastroenterology. 1961; 41: 49
- Gastric response to pectin meals of high osmotic pressure.J. Physiol. 1951; 115: 185
- The osmotic effects of some simple molecules and ions on gastric emptying.J. Physiol. 1960; 154: 254
- Blood flow studies in the experimental dumping syndrome.in: S. Forum. 11. 1960: 316
- Evidence for a humoral etiology of the dumping syndrome.in: S. Forum. 12. 1961: 316
- Intubation studies of the human small intestine. XII. The concentration and movement of glucose solutions in the stomach and duodenum.Am. J. M. Sc. 1940; 200: 524
- The effect of intraduodenal administration of hypertonic glucose solution on external pancreatic secretion.Surgery. 1961; 49: 666
- A study of water “shifts” in experimental dumping syndrome.in: S. Forum. 10. 1959: 180
- Treatment of postgastrectomy dumping syndrome by hypnotic suggestion.J. A. M. A. 1957; 165: 1957
- Cineroentgenographic studies of gastrointestinal motility in healthy subjects and in patients with gastric or duodenal ulcer. With special reference to various methods of gastrectomy and the dumping syndrome.Acta. chir. scandinav. 1959; 117: 206
- Gastroenterology. 14. 1950: 237 Symposium on some of the aspects of peptic ulcer: The mechanism of the post-gastrectomy dumping syndrome.
- Change in effective circulating volume during experimental dumping syndrome.Surgery. 1960; 48: 185
- Intestinal intubation.Cleveland Clin. Quart. 1949; 16: 68
- Physiologic considerations in the dumping syndrome.Ann. Surg. 1959; 150: 90
- Serotonin release mediated by intraluminal sucrose solutions.in: S. Forum. 10. 1960: 214
- Experimental dumping syndrome in intact stomach: results and possible pathogenesis.Rev. españ. enferm. ap. digest. 1960; 19: 669
- Adrenal stimulation in the dumping syndrome.Gastroenterology. 1953; 23: 431
- Blood pressure and osmolarity changes in the dumping syndrome.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1961; 112: 488
- Cardiovascular and blood volume alterations resulting from intrajejunal administration of hypertonic solutions to gastrectomized patients. The relationship of these changes to the dumping syndrome.Ann. Surg. 1954; 140: 631
- The dumping syndrome. II. Further investigations of etiology in patients and experimental animals.Gastroenterology. 1959; 37: 194
- Change in effective circulating volume during experimental dumping syndrome.Surgery. 1960; 48 (Discussion of: Mathews et al.): 185
- The determination of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) in human blood.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1959; 53: 824
- Dumping syndrome: Reproducibility of the clinical and laboratory phenomena in animals and normal and gastrectomized patients.in: S. Forum. 8. 1958: 198
- The dumping syndrome. I. Studies in patients after gastric surgery.Gastroenterology. 1959; 37: 188
- An experimental and clinical study of “dumping syndrome”.Bull. Soc. internat. chir. 1958; 17: 287
☆Supported in part by the Research and Development Division, Office of the Surgeon General, Department of the Army, under Contract No. DA-49-007-MD-995, and by a Public Health Service traineeship, Grant 2a-5129 from the National Institute of Arthritis and Metabolic Diseases.
☆☆Read at the Twenty-third Annual Meeting of the Society of University Surgeons, Cleveland, Ohio, Feb. 8–10, 1962.