This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of thoracicoabdominal ectopia cordis is presented with a review of the literature.
The different varieties of this abnormality are classified and surgical considerations are discussed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Ectopia cordis.Acta. chir. scandinav. Suppl. 1961; 283: 52
- Pulmonary valvulotomy for the relief of congenital pulmonary stenosis. Report of three cases.Brit. M. J. 1948; 1: 1121
- Ectopia cordis. Report of a case with attempted operative correction.J. Thoracic & cardiovas. Surg. 1948; 17: 717
- A syndrome of congenital defects involving the abdominal wall, sternum, diaphragm, pericardium, and heart.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1958; 107: 702
- Ectopia cordis in man.Thorax. 1962; 17: 159
- Thoracicoabdominal ectopia cordis.J. Thoracic & Cardiovas. Surg. 1953; 26: 309
- Ectopia cordis congenita.Thoraxchirurgic. 1957; 5: 197
- Opera philosophica. vol. 2. 1910: 49 (Copenhagen, Denmark) ed. 15.
- Displacement of heart.in: ed. 15. Cyclopaedia of practical medicine. vol. 2. 1845: 387
Received: June 22, 1964
© 1965 Published by Elsevier Inc.