This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.1. A comparative evaluation of autogenous vein bypass graft and endarterectomy in revascularization of the lower extremity is presented in a series of 80 patients.
- 2.2. Sixty venous autografts followed for an average of 16 months show a patency rate of 80 percent (48 patent).
- 3.3. Twenty endarterectomies, both short and long, followed a similar length of time reveal a success rate of 55 percent (11).
- 4.4. The indications for each type of procedure are given along with our reasons for preferring the autogenous vein bypass graft.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Arterial reconstruction by endarterectomy: Four-year followup study.Am. J. Surg. 1960; 100: 165
- Autogenous venous shunt grafts.Surgery. 1959; 46: 145
- Thromboendarterectomies and autogenous venous bypass grafts distal to the inguinal ligament.Circulation. 1964; 29: 171
- Two- to four-year behaviour of vein grafts in the lower extremities.Arch. Surg. 1956; 72: 64
- Composite reconstruction of small leg arteries after endarterectomy.Surgery. 1962; 51: 58
- Autogenous saphenous vein bypass grafts in femeropopliteal obliterative arterial disease.Surgery. 1962; 51: 62
- Factors in the improvement of results in varicose vein surgery.Canad. J. Surg. 1963; 6: 145
- Discussion of paper by Connolly, Harris, and Mills.Surgery. 1964; 55: 164
- Plication of the inferior vena cava for pulmonary embolism: A report of 20 cases.Ann. Surg. 1962; 155: 827
☆Presented at the Eighteenth Annual Meeting of the Society for Vascular Surgery, San Francisco, Calif., June 21, 1964.
© 1965 Published by Elsevier Inc.