Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Natural history of esophageal varices: Study of 115 cirrhotic patients in whom varices were diagnosed prior to bleeding.Am. J. Med. 1959; 26: 228
Boston Inter-Hospital Liver Group: Unpublished data.
- Prophylactic portacaval anastomosis in cirrhotic patients with esophageal varices: Preliminary report of controlled study.New England J. Med. 1962; 266: 743
- The natural history of cirrhosis. I. Survival with esophageal varices.New England J. Med. 1963; 268: 469
- A controlled trial of prophylactic portacaval-shunt surgery.New England J. Med. 1964; 270: 496
- Principles of medical statistics.in: ed. 7. The Lancet, Ltd, London1961: 243-263
- One thousand cases of portal cirrhosis of the liver.Arch. Int. Med. 1964; 113: 501
- The natural history of Laennec's cirrhosis of the liver: An analysis of 386 cases.Medicine. 1942; 21: 207
- Prophylactic portacaval shunts.Gastroenterology. 1960; 39: 414
- Cirrhosis with hemorrhage.Arch. Surg. 1959; 78: 786
- Treatment of bleeding from portal hypertension in patients with cirrhosis of the liver.New England J. Med. 1956; 254: 493
- Prognosis after surgical treatment of ascites: Results of side-to-side shunt in 40 patients.Surgery. 1964; 56: 75
☆Supported in part by United States Public Health Service Grants AM-03244-05 and FR-5184-02.
☆☆Presented at the Eighteenth Annual Meeting of the Society for Vascular Surgery, San Francisco, Calif., June 21, 1964.
★The following members of the Boston Inter-Hospital Liver Group have contributed to the collection of data for this report: Drs. Charles S. Davidson, Robert M. Donaldson, Jr., George F. Grady, Paul F. Gryska, Franz J. Ingelfinger, Kurt J. Isselbacher, William V. McDermott, Jr., Hugo Muench, James F. Patterson, George W. B. Starkey, Thomas A. Warthin, Norman Zamcheck, and Louis Zetzel.