This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.1. Seventy-two consecutive femoropopliteal arterial reconstructive procedures performed for limb salvage are reported.
- 2.2. The operative mortality rate was 7 percent within a 30 day postoperative period and 25 percent during the eight-year followup.
- 3.3. Thirty-day postoperative patency was 89 percent in 37 reversed vein grafts, of which 70 percent remained patent during the follow-up period. Eight in situ vein grafts had similar early patency but only two remained open. Of 20 thromboendarterectomies, only 11 were patent at the end of the 30 day postoperative period. Of these, long-term patency was present in nine patients.
- 4.4. A satisfactory clinical result was achieved in about two thirds of the reconstructive arterial procedures in the series.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Factors influencing limb survival after femoropopliteal reconstruction.Arch. Surg. 1967; 95: 163
- Autogenous vein grafts for femoropopliteal arterial repair.Surg. Gynec. Obstet. 1966; 123: 1282
- Saphenous vein bypass grafts for femoropopliteal occlusive disease: a reappraisal.Surgery. 1967; 61: 31
- Autogenous venous bypass grafts and thromboendarterectomies for atherosclerotic lesions of the femoropopliteal arteries.Ann. Surg. 1966; 163: 205
- Distal tibial artery bypass with autogenous vein grafts: an analysis of 56 cases.Surgery. 1968; 63: 90
- Use of the cephalic vein as a peripheral vascular graft.Brit. J. Surg. 1968; 55: 384
- Le traitement de ischémie artérique par la greffe veneuse longue.Rev. Chir. 1951; 70: 206
- Salvage of extremities by vein grafts in far-advanced peripheral vascular disease.Surgery. 1964; 55: 154
- Success of bypass vein grafts in patients with isolated popliteal artery segments.Surgery. 1967; 61: 17
- The arterialized in situ vein.Arch. Surg. 1965; 91: 743
- Surgical revascularization of 288 lower extremities with occlusive arterial disease.Amer. Surg. 1967; 33: 628
- Peripheral angiography in ischemic arterial diseases of the limbs.Radiol. Clin. N. Amer. 1965; 5: 467
- Angioplasty in the treatment of peripheral occlusive arteriopathy.Arch. Surg. 1965; 90: 617
- Vascular diseases.H. K. Lewis, Publisher, London1968
- Femoro-popliteal endarterectomy: operative modifications and considerations of effects of outflow lesions.Amer. J. Surg. 1964; 108: 215
Received in revised form: February 18, 1970
Received: January 9, 1970
© 1971 Published by Elsevier Inc.