This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The influence of secretin, synthetic gastrin I, gastrin pentapeptide, cholecystokinin/pancreozymin, and extracts of gastric antral mucosa was studied in pig liver. Both secretin and cholecystokinin/pancreozymin had a direct effect on the hepatocyte. Gastrin pentapeptide influenced the biliary output of bile acids during a secretin choleresis.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Gastrin: Obligatory intermediate for activation of gastrin histidine decarboxylase in the rat.Am. J. Physiol. 1970; 219: 214
- Etiology of rising perfusion pressure in isolated organ perfusion.Ann. Surg. 1968; 168: 382
- The choleretic action of gastrin: Studies in the intact animal and the isolated perfused liver.Gastroenterology. 1968; 54: 1290
- Role of the liver on the biological actions of secretin.Gastroenterology. 1970; 58: 934
- The gastrointestinal stimulus to insulin release. I. Secretin.J. Clin. Invest. 1969; 48: 1453
- Effect of gastrin on biliary flow.Br. J. Surg. 1968; 55: 151
- Dependence of pancreatic secretion on the biliary secretion after CCK/PZ administration.Verh. Dtsch. Ges. Inn. Med. 1969; 75 (as abstracted in): 645Chem. Abst. 1970; 73 (as abstracted in): 206
- Control of bile flow in the cholecystectomized dog.Am. J. Physiol. 1963; 204: 825
- The constitution and properties of two gastrins extracted from hog antral mucosa.Gut. 1964; 5: 103
- The effect of secretin on bile formation in man.Gastroenterology. 1949; 12: 133
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome in a Bantu woman, with isolation of a gastrin-like substance from the primary and secondary tumors. II. Extraction of gastrin-like activity from tumors.Gastroenterology. 1961; 41: 87
- Effect of bile salt and secretin upon bile flow from the isolated perfused pig liver.Gastroenterology. 1967; 53: 412
- Electrolyte composition of the secretin fraction of bile from the perfused pig liver.Am. J. Physiol. 1968; 214: 758
- Liver transplantation in the pig.Med. J. Aust. 1970; 2: 261
- Enzymatic determination and thin-layer chromatography of bile acids in blood.J. Biochem. (Tokyo). 1964; 56: 424
Jablonski, P.: Unpublished observations, 1971.
- Studies on the isolated perfused pig liver.Br. J. Surg. 1971; 58: 129
- Influence of chemically pure secretin on hepatic bile output.Acta. Physiol. Scand. 1964; 62: 287
- The effect of cholecystokinin/pancreozymin preparations on hepatic bile output in fasting and digesting dogs.Acta. Physiol. Scand. 1967; 69: 23
- The influence of secretin and cholecystokinin on bile flow.in: Taylor W. The biliary system. Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford1965
- The influence of gastrin analogues and 2 deoxy-D-glucose on bile secretion.Am. J. Dig. Dis. 1967; 12: 955
- Choleresis induced by stimulation of the gastric antrum.Gastroenterology. 1967; 52: 18
- Effect of pentagastrin, cholecystokinin, caerulein, glucagon on the choledochal resistance and bile flow of conscious dog.Gastroenterology. 1969; 56: 1178
- Factors determining the maximal rate of organic anion secretion by the liver and further evidence on the hepatic site of action of the hormone secretin.J. Physiol. 1966; 186: 424
- Hormonal regulation of bile secretion: A study in the isolated, perfused liver.Surgery. 1969; 66: 1075
- The relationship between taurocholate secretion rate and bile production in the unanesthetised dog during cholinergic blockade and during secretin administration.J. Clin. Invest. 1962; 41: 1152
- The effect of gastric antral stimulation upon the secretion of hepatic bile.in: ed. 2. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 130. 1969: 278
- Gastrin: A stimulant of hepatic bile secretion.in: ed. 2. Surg. Forum. 18. 1967: 296
- Role of the liver in secretin inactivation.Am. J. Physiol. 1962; 202: 347
- Effect of secretin on the flow and composition of bile.Gastroenterology. 1969; 56: 1263
- Studies on the physiology of secretin. IV. The effect on the secretion of bile.Am. J. Physiol. 1931; 99: 94
- Studies on the regulation of hepatic bile.Am. J. Surg. 1970; 120: 160
Technicon Auto-Analyser Manual: CO2 determination, Bulletin No. N-8B.
- Synthetic secretin: Comparison with natural secretin for potency and spectrum of physiological actions.Gastroenterology. 1968; 55: 260
- Role of bile ducts during secretin choleresis in dogs.Am. J. Physiol. 1966; 210: 1153
- Determinants of the flow composition of bile in the unanesthetised dog during constant infusions of sodium taurocholate.J. Clin. Invest. 1960; 39: 161
- Effects of a gastrin-like pentapeptide (ICI 50, 123) on stomach and pancreas.Lancet. 1966; 1: 993
- A comparison of the response to secretin, pancreozymin and a combination of these hormones in man.Scand. J. Gastroenterol. 1969; 4: 413
- The effect of gastrin and histamine on secretion of bile.Gastroenterology. 1966; 50: 500
Accepted: April 3, 1972
☆Supported in part by the National Health and Medical Research Council.
© 1972 Published by Elsevier Inc.