This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of popliteal artery entrapment by a fibrous band is reported in a 17-year-old girl. Diagnosis of an entrapment syndrome was suspected clinically, supported by the arteriogram, and confirmed by the operative findings. In contrast to most previously reported cases of popliteal entrapment, the vessel in this case was in its normal relation to the medial head of the gastrocnemius and was patent. Division of the band alone was sufficient to relieve all the ischemic manifestations.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Popliteal artery entrapment.Angiology. 1969; 20: 119
- A case of bilateral developmental abnormality of the popliteal arteries and gastrocnemius muscles.Br. J. Surg. 1964; 51: 518
- Occlusion of the popliteal artery due to muscular entrapment.Surgery. 1971; 69: 97
- Bilateral popliteal artery entrapment: Case report and observations.J. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1971; 12: 71
- Anomalous insertion of the medial gastrocnemius head with circulatory complications.Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Scan. (Suppl.). 1961; 148: 53
- Obstruction of the popliteal artery at an early age.J. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1965; 6: 516
- Entrapment of the popliteal artery.Surgery. 1971; 69: 246
- Popliteal artery entrapment syndrome.Arch. Surg. 1970; 101: 771
- Am. J. Surg. 1965; 109: 630
- Malposition et sténose extrinseque de l'artère poplitée par la compression musculo-tendineuse du jameau interne.J. Chir. 1966; 91: 489
- Popliteal artery and vein entrapment.Am. J. Surg. 1967; 113: 696
- Clinical syndrome of anomalous position of the popliteal artery.Circulation. 1962; 26: 885
- Popliteal artery entrapment syndrome.J. A. M. A. 1969; 208: 692
Accepted: May 25, 1972
© 1972 Published by Elsevier Inc.