Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Insulin response during hypovolemic shock.Surgery. 1969; 66: 80
- Blood sugar and insulin response of humans in shock.Ann. Surg. 1970; 172: 342
- Regulation of insulin secretion with pieces of rabbit pancreas incubated in vitro.Biochem. J. 1964; 93: 66
- Blood glucose and serum insulin in reversible and irreversible posthemorrhagic shock.J. Trauma. 1966; 6: 623
- Direct measurement of insulin secretory rate: Studies in shocked primates and post operative patients.Ann. Surg. 1972; 176: 296
- Insulin response in hemorrhagic shock in the intact and adrenalectomized primate.Am. J. Surg. 1973; 125: 501
Hiebert, J. M., Sixt, N., Soeldner, J. S., and Egdahl, R. H.: Effects of adrenergic blocking agents of hepatic glucose balance during hemorrhagic shock in primates. Surg. Forum. In press.
- An automated determination of glucose utilizing glucose oxidase-peroxidase system.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1961; 57: 970
- The effect of selected hexoses, of epinephrine, and of glucagon on insulin secretion in man.Diabetes. 1966; 15: 571
- Pancreatic output of insulin and response to hemorrhagic shock.in: Surg. Forum. 22. 1971: 73
- Epinephrine: Selective inhibition of the acute insulin response to glucose.J. Clin. Invest. 1971; 50: 2453
- Panreatic blood flow and its relationship to insulin secretion during extracorporeal circulation.Ann. Surg. 1969; 170: 753
- Suppression of portal venous insulin concentration by epinephrine in the conscious monkey.Diabetologia. 1969; 5: 179
- Decline in pancreatic insulin release during hemorrhagic shock in the baboon.Ann. Surg. 1972; 175: 210
- Some studies of the protein binding of steroids and their application to the routine micro and ultramicro measurement of various steroids in body fluids by competitive protein-binding radioassay.J. Clin. Endocrinol. 1967; 27: 973
- Beta adrenergic stimulation of insulin release in man.Diabetes. 1967; 16: 150
- A reception mechanism for the inhibitors of insulin release by epinephrine in man.J. Clin. Invest. 1967; 46: 86
- The effect of epinephrine on immunoreactive insulin levels in man.J. Clin. Invest. 1966; 24: 228
- Catecholamines in shock.in: Mills L.C. Moyer J.H. Shock and hypotension. Grune & Stratton, Inc, New York1965: 340-346
- Adrenergic modulation of basal insulin secretion in man.Diabetes. 1973; 22: 1
- Cardiorespiratory, metabolic and endocrine changes after hemorrhage in man.Ann. Surg. 1971; 174: 911
- Critical variables in the radioimmunoassay of serum insulin using the double antibody technique.Diabetes. 1965; 14: 771
☆Supported in part by United States Army Contract No. DADA 17:67-C-7149, National Institutes of Health Trauma Center Grant No. GM-17366, National Institutes of Health Academic Training Grant No. GM-01498, and United States Public Health Service Grant No. AM 09748.
☆☆Presented at the Thirty-fourth Annual Meeting of the Society of University Surgeons, New Orleans, La., Feb. 8–10, 1973.