Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Myocardial oxygen consumption and coronary blood flow during potassium-induced cardiac arrest and during ventricular fibrillation.Acta Physiol. Scand. 1967; 41: 261
- Metabolic studies on the arrested and fibrillating perfused heart.Am. J. Cardiol. 1958; 1: 103
- Induced cardiac arrest.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1961; 41: 387
- Cardiac inotropic and coronary vascular responses to countershock.Circ. Res. 1968; 23: 731
- Experimental comparison of methods for protecting the heart during aortic occlusion.Ann. Surg. 1962; 155: 25
- Elective cardiac arrest with potassium citrate.in: Allen J.G. Extracorporeal circulation. Charles C Thomas, Publisher, Springfield, Ill1958
- Hypertonicity following selective angiocardiography.Circulation. 1963; 28: 1096
- Myocardial injury associated with asystole induced with potassium citrate.Ann. Surg. 1959; 149: 200
- Induced ischemic arrest.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1972; 63: 121
- Oxygen uptake of the nonworking left ventricle.Circ. Res. 1958; 6: 612
- Elective cardiac arrest.Lancet. 1955; 2: 21
- Reversibility of morphologic changes following elective cardiac arrest.Ann. Surg. 1964; 159: 208
- Evaluation of methods for myocardial protection during extended periods of aortic cross-clamping and hypoxic cardiac arrest.Bull. Soc. Int. Chir. 1970; 4: 227
- An evaluation of various cardioplegic methods utilizing isolated perfused guinea pig hearts.Surg. Gynecol. Obstet. 1959; 108: 211
- Effects of induced ventricular fibrillation on ventricular performance and cardiac metabolism.Circulation. 1967; 35 and 36: 1-234
- Effect of cardiac contraction on coronary blood flow.Circulation. 1957; 15: 14
- Topical cardiac hypothermia in lieu of coronary perfusion.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1966; 52: 533
- Hypothermic low flow extracorporeal circulation for controlled cardiac arrest for open heart surgery.Surg. Gynecol. Obstet. 1957; 104: 441
- Potassium, magnesium and neostigmine for controlled cardioplegia.Arch. Surg. 1958; 77: 33
- Topical cardiac hypothermia for extended periods of anoxic cardiac arrest.in: Surg. Forum. 10. 1960: 563
- Suspended animation of the heart with metabolic inhibitors.Ann. Surg. 1966; 164: 343
- Morphologic changes in vessel endothelia caused by contrast media.Angiology. 1959; 10: 207
☆This investigation was supported in part by National Institute of Health grants HL-01782-17 and 5-RO1-HL14267.
☆☆A part of this investigation was accomplished in the Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N. C.
★Presented at the Thirty-fourth Annual Meeting of the Society of University Surgeons, New Orleans, La., Feb. 8–10, 1973.