This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Patient and graft survival in 655 consecutive renal transplants performed at the University of California, San Francisco, was analyzed in two separate groups to assess the results of the low-dose immunosuppressive regimen established in September 1972. These results show that graft survival is not jeopardized by adopting a policy of low-dose immunosuppressive therapy, but, in fact, that patient survival is improved significantly. This study also shows that cadaver renal transplantation can be performed with a mortality rate comparable to or better than that in patients on chronic hemodialysis.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The twelfth report of the Human Renal Transplant Registry.J. A. M. A. 1975; 233: 787
- Prevention of wound infections by topical antibiotics in high risk patients.Am. J. Surg. 1973; 126: 180
- Management of multiple vessels in renal transplantation.Transplant. Proc. 1972; 4: 639
- The correlation between MLC stimulation and graft survival in living related and cadaver kidney transplants.Ann. Surg. 1974; 180: 617
- The fate of patients after renal transplantation, graft rejection and retransplantation.Ann. Surg. 1972; 176: 509
- Morbidity and mortality of chronic hemodialysis compared to renal transplantation, abstract.in: Twenty-first Annual Meeting, Washington, D. C., April, 1975ed. 4. Am. Soc. Artif. Intern. Org. 4. 1975: 33
- Survival of patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis and renal transplantation.N. Engl. J. Med. 1973; 288: 863
- Evaluation of survival data and two new rank order statistics arising in its consideration.Cancer Chemother. Rep. 1966; 50: 163
- Determination of prognosis in chronic disease, illustrated by systemic lupus erythematosis.J. Chronic. Dis. 1955; 1: 12
- Prevention of ureteral fistula after renal transplantation.J. Urol. 1974; 112: 445
- Report on the National Dialysis Registry.in: Seventh Annual Contractor's Conference of the Artificial Kidney Program, Bethesda, Md.ed. 4. DHEW publication No. (NIH) 75-248. 1975: 197
☆This work was supported in part by United States Public Health Service Grant No. AM-11290.
☆☆Presented at the First Annual Meeting of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, Chicago, Ill., May 23 1975.
© 1976 Published by Elsevier Inc.