This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of celiac trunk aneurysm treated by excision and direct reanastomosis with restoration of arterial continuity, and a description of a new technique for selective visualization of the celiac artery are reported. A review of the literature with tabulation of all surgically treated cases is included. Significance of hepatic artery flow restoration is emphasized.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The celiac axis in the expansion of the operations for gastric carcinoma.Cancer. 1953; 6: 704
- Celiac artery aneurysm.Ill. Med. J. 1973; 144: 208
- Aneurysm of visceral arteries.J. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1971; 12: 309
- Excision of a saccular aneurysm of the upper abdominal aorta involving the major branches: Iliac-visceral revascularization via bypass graft.Ann. Surg. 1964; 159: 368
- Hepatic artery aneurysm with excision of celiac axis.Ann. Surg. 1959; 149: 273
- Celiac artery aneurysmectomy with hepatic artery ligation.Arch. Surg. 1972; 104: 337
- Aneurysms of the celiac artery.Surg. Gynecol. Obstet. 1963; 117: 563
- Syphilitic aneurysm of the celiac artery.Am. J. Med. Sci. 1943; 206: 453
- Blood supply and anatomy of the upper abdominal organs.in: J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia1955: 302-324
- Successful repair of multiple arterial lesions including an aneurysm of the celiac artery.Am. J. Surg. 1966; 112: 116
- Ligation of both the coeliac and superior mesenteric artery with survival of the patient.Br. J. Surg. 1956; 44: 247
- Excisional treatment of aneurysm of celiac artery.Ann. Surg. 1958; 148: 885
- Angiography of the celiac artery using caudal or cephalic beam angulation.Radiology. 1976; 118: 224
- Splanchnic artery aneurysms.Arch. Surg. 1970; 101: 563
- Hepatic- and celiac-artery aneurysms.J. A. M. A. 1966; 197: 221
- Aneurysm of the celiac artery: Case report of successful management.Ann. Surg. 1963; 161: 83
- Collateral circulation to the liver: A case of mycotic aneurysm of the celiac artery.Ann. Surg. 1966; 163: 233
Accepted: November 3, 1975
© 1976 Published by Elsevier Inc.