Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Postoperative thromboembolism: frequency, etiology, prophylaxis.Springer-Verlag, Berlin1983
- Prevention of venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in injured patients.Lancet. 1959; II: 981-989
- Thromboembolism after elective and post-traumatic hip surgery: a controlled trial with dextran 70 and low-dose heparin.Acta Chir Scand. 1979; 145: 213-218
- Prevention of venous thrombosis with small, subcutaneous doses of heparin.JAMA. 1976; 235: 1980-1982
- Effect of low-dose heparin and dihydroergotamine on frequency of postoperative deep-vein thrombosis in patients undergoing posttraumatic hip surgery.Acta Chir Scand. 1980; 146: 315-322
- A novel antithrombotic heparinoid (Org 10172) devoid of bleeding-inducing capacity: a survey of its pharmacological properties in experimental animal models.Thromb Res. 1982; 27: 353-363
- In vivo activity of a new heparinoid.Pathology. 1985; 17: 78-81
- Anticoagulant effects of a low molecular weight heparinoid (Org 10172) in human volunteers and haemodialysis patients.Thromb Res. 1985; 38: 211-222
- Org 10172: a low molecular weight heparinoid anticoagulant with a long half-life in man.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1987; 23: 667-675
- Early clinical experience of a new heparinoid, Org 10172, in prevention of deep venous thrombosis.Thromb Res. 1987; 45: 497-503
- Safety and pharmacokinetics of the low molecular weight heparinoid Org 10172 administered to healthy elderly volunteers.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1989; 27: 39-48
- Prevention of postoperative thromboembolism in Sweden: the development of practice during five years.Thromb Haemost. 1985; 53: 239-241
- Thrombosis prophylaxis with low molecular weight heparin in total hip replacement.Br J Surg. 1988; 75: 1053-1057
- Safety and efficacy of a low molecular weight heparin (Logiparin) versus dextran as prophylaxis against thrombosis after total hip replacement.Acta Chir Scand Suppl. 1988; 543: 80-84
- A randomized controlled trial of a low-molecular weight heparin (enoxaparin) to prevent deep-vein thrombosis in patients undergoing elective hip surgery.N Engl J Med. 1986; 315: 925-929
- Prevention of postoperative venous thrombosis: a randomized trial comparing unfractionated heparin with low molecular weight heparin in patients undergoing total hip replacement.Thromb Haemost. 1988; 60: 407-410
- Untersuchungen zur antithrombotischen Wirksamkeit von niedermolekularem Heparin Kabi.Med Welt. 1987; 38: 714-720
- Randomized trial of a low-molecular-weight heparin (Kabi 2165) versus adjusted-dose subcutaneous standard heparin in the prophylaxis of deep-vein thrombosis after elective hip surgery.Haemostasis. 1989; 1: 5-12
- Prevention of venous thrombosis after total hip arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg. 1989; 71-A: 327-335
- Prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis in patients with fracture of the femoral neck.Acta Orthop Scand. 1982; 53: 413-417
- Mortality patterns following internal fixation for acute femoral neck fractures in the elderly with special emphasis on potential excess mortality following reoperations.Age Ageing. 1980; 9: 59-63
- Prevention of thromboembolism in hip-fracture patients: comparison of low-dose heparin and low-molecular-weight heparin combined with dihydroergotamine.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 1989; 108: 10-13
- Randomized double-blind, placebo controlled safety study of a low molecular weight heparinoid in patients undergoing transurethral resection of the prostate.Thromb Haemost. 1987; 57: 92-96
Sernbo I, Johnell O. Changes in bone mass and fracture type in patients with hip fracture: a comparison between the 1950s and the 1980s in Malmö, Sweden. Clin Orthop (in press).
- Prevention of venous thrombosis after total hip arthroplasty: antithrombin III and low-dose heparin compared with dextran 40.J Bone Joint Surg. 1989; 71-A: 327-335
☆Supported by Swedish Medical Research Council grant 00759.
☆☆Presented at the Second Annual American Venous Forum Meeting, Coronado, Calif., Feb. 21–23, 1990.