This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The majority of vascular injuries in young children are iatrogenic. This is a report of two complete external iliac artery disruptions occurring during percutaneous transfemoral balloon aortic valvuloplasty in a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old child. The damaged external iliac artery was bypassed by extensively mobilizing the hypogastric surgery and rotating it upward to anastomose it to the proximal common femoral artery. Normal limb pulses, function, and growth were noted in follow-up.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Peripheral arterial trauma in children.J Cardiovasc Surg. 1985; 26: 325-331
- Pediatric vascular injuries.Surgery. 1981; 90: 20-31
- Special problems of vascular injuries in children.J Trauma. 1976; 16: 863-867
- Treatment and sequelae of angiographic complications in children.J Pediatr Surg. 1979; 14: 154-157
- Pediatric vascular trauma.Arch Surg. 1976; 111: 1269-1275
- Defective limb growth as a complication of caterization of the femoral artery.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1974; 138: 524-526
- Percutaneous balloon aortic valvuloplasty: results in twenty-three patients.Am J Cardiol. 1984; 53: 194-197
- Transverse aortic wall tears in infants after balloon angioplasty for aortic valve stenosis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1984; 4: 1235-1241
- Balloon dilation angioplasty of aortic coarctation in infants and children.Circulation. 1983; 68: 109-116
- Results of balloon valvuloplasty in the treatment of congenital valvular pulmonary stenosis in children.Am J Cardiol. 1985; 56: 527-532
- The arterial autograft.in: Rutherford RB Vascular surgery. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1984
- Aortorenal arterial autografts.Arch Surg. 1981; 116: 1416-1422
Accepted: August 15, 1990
© 1991 Published by Elsevier Inc.