To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Selectins.J Clin Invest. 1993; 91: 379-387
- Traffic signals for lymphocyte recirculation and leukocyte emigration: the multistep paradigm.Cell. 1994; 76: 301-314
- Severe recurrent infections due to a novel adhesion molecule defect.New Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 1789-1792
- Adhesion molecules which guide neutrophil endothelial cell interaction at site of inflammation.in: New concept in immunodeficiency diseases. : John Wiley & Sons, New York1993: 131-152
- Leukocyte adhesion deficiency and other disorders of leukocyte and motility.in: The metabolic and molecular basis of inherited diseases. 7th Ed. : McGraw-Hill, New York1995: 3955-3995
- Inside-out integrin signaling.Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1992; 4: 766-771
- Signal transduction by integrins and its role in the regulation of tumor growth.Cancer Metastasis Rev. 1994; 13: 25-30
- Adhesion receptors of the immune system.Nature. 1990; 346: 425-433
- Human colon cancer cells express ICAM-1 in vivo and support LFA-1 dependent lymphocyte adhesion in vitro.Am J Physiol. 1992; 263: 864-870
- The high lysability by LAK cells of colon carcinoma cells resistant to doxorubicin is associated with high expression of ICAM-1, LFA-3, NCA, and a less differentiated phenotype.Int J Cancer. 1991; 47: 746-754
- Inhibition of platelet-activating factor, intercellular adhesion molecule 1 and platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 reduces experimental pancreatitis-associated gut endothelial barrier dysfunction.Br J Surg. 1999; 86: 411-416
- Antibody to intercellular adhesion molecule-1 protects the kidney against ischemic injury.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994; 91: 812-816
- Monoclonal antibody to intercellular adhesion molecule 1 as an effective protection for liver ischemia and reperfusion injury.Transplant Proc. 1993; 25: 3325-3327
- Coronary endothelial and cardiac protective effects of a monoclonal antibody to intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in myocardial ischemia and reperfusion.Circulation. 1992; 86: 937-946
- Expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in atherosclerotic plaques.Am J Pathol. 1992; 140: 665-673
Accepted: November 19, 1999
*Reprint requests: Alexander S. Rosemurgy, MD, Professor of Surgery and Medicine, Tampa General Hospital, PO Box 1289, Suite F 145, Tampa, FL 33601.
© 2000 Mosby, Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.