To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Final Report of the Committee for Clinical Review.: US Food and Drug Agency, Rockville (MD)1993
- Influence of adherence to treatment and response of cholesterol on mortality in the Coronary Drug Project.N Engl J Med. 1980; 303: 1038-1041
- Biased estimates of treatment effect in randomized experiments with nonlinear regressions and omitted covariates.Biometrika. 1984; 71: 431-434
- Statistical issues in biologics submissions to the FDA.Drug Information J. 1996; 30: 921-933
- Statistical analysis with missing data.: John Wiley and Sons, Inc, New York1987
- Surrogate endpoints in clinical trials: cardiovascular diseases.Stat Med. 1989; 8: 415-425
- Sample size determination in clinical trials with time-dependent rates of losses and noncompliance.Control Clin Trials. 1986; 7: 89-99
- Evaluation of sample size and power for analyses of survival with allowance for nonuniform patient entry, losses to follow-up, noncompliance, and stratification.Biometrics. 1986; 42: 507-519
- Sample sizes for long-term medical trial with time-dependent dropout and event rates.Control Clin Trials. 1980; 1: 109-121
- Analysis as-randomized and the problem of non-adherence: an example from the Veterans Affairs Randomized Trial of Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.Stat Med. 1993; 12: 1185-1195
- Intent-to-treat analysis and the problem of crossovers. An example from the Veterans Administration coronary bypass surgery study.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1991; 101: 481-487
- Angina pectoris and the placebo effect.N Engl J Med. 1979; 300: 1424-1429
Accepted: August 26, 2000
*Supported by a grant from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
**Reprint requests: Janet Wittes, PhD, Statistics Collaborative, Inc, 1710 Rhode Island Ave NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20008.
© 2001 Mosby, Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.