To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Renal hemotransplantation in identical twins.Surg Forum. 1955; 6: 432-436
- Tissue engineering.Science. 1993; 260: 920-926
- Beta cell culture on synthetic capillaries: an artificial endocrine pancreas.Science. 1975; 187: 847-849
- Design of an artificial skin. II. Control of chemical composition.J Biomed Mater Res. 1980; 14: 107-132
- Living tissue formed in vitro and accepted as skin-equivalent tissue of full thickness.Science. 1981; 211: 1052-1054
- Selective cell transplantation using bioabsorbable artificial polymers as matrices.J Pediatr Surg. 1988; 23: 3-9
- Multilineage potential of adult human mesenchymal stem cells.Science. 1999; 284: 143-147
- Survival and function of hepatocytes on a novel three-dimensional synthetic biodegradable polymer scaffold with an intrinsic network of channels [see comments].Ann Surg. 1998; 228: 8-13
- Silicon micromachining to tissue engineer branched vascular channels for liver fabrication.Tissue Eng. 2000; 6: 105-117
- Preliminary studies of tissue-engineered intestine using isolated epithelial organoid units on tubular synthetic biodegradable scaffolds.Transplant Proc. 1997; 29: 848-851
- Functional arteries grown in vitro [see comments].Science. 1999; 284: 489-493
Accepted: November 12, 2000
*Reprint requests: Joseph P. Vacanti, MD, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Warren 1157, Boston, MA 02114.
© 2001 Mosby, Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.