Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Endothelial regeneration. II. Restitution of endothelial continuity.Lab Invest. 1979; 41: 407-418
- Cellular migration and replication in endothelial regeneration: a study using irradiated endothelial cultures.Lab Invest. 1977; 36: 18-25
- Nitric oxide mediates hyperglycemia-induced defective migration in cultured endothelial cells.J Vasc Surg. 1997; 26: 319-326
- Association of Hb A1C with prevalence of cardiovascular disease in the original cohort of the Framingham heart study.Diabetes. 1992; 41: 202-208
- Thiamine corrects delayed replication and decreases production of lactate and advanced glycosylation end-products in bovine retinal and human umbilical vein endothelial cells cultured under high glucose conditions.Diabetologia. 1996; 39: 1263-1268
- The effect of high glucose on polyol pathway and myo-inositol metabolism in cultured human endothelial cells.Diabetologia. 1989; 32: 163-166
- Glucose modulation of aldose reductase mRNA expression and its activity in cultured pulmonary artery endothelial cells.Diabetologia. 1992; 35: 730-734
- Glycosylation products as toxic mediators of diabetic complications.Annu Rev Med. 1991; 42: 159-166
- Impairment of endothelium dependent relaxation in aortae from spontaneously diabetic rats.Br J Pharmacol. 1988; 94: 463-468
- Impairment of neurogenic and endothelium-dependent relaxation of human penile smooth muscle: pathophysiological basis for impotence in diabetes mellitus.N Engl J Med. 1991; 320: 1025-1030
- von Willebrand factor in plasma: a novel risk factor for recurrent myocardial infarction and death.Br Heart J. 1991; 66: 351-355
- Urinary albumin excretion, cardiovascular disease, and endothelial dysfunction in non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.Lancet. 1992; 340: 319-323
- Thiamine pyrophosphate, a co-enzyme of transketolase.J Am Chem Soc. 1953; 75: 1010-1015
- Electron microscopy and biochemical studies of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex of E. coli.Science. 1964; 145: 932-939
- Alpha-keto acid dehydrogenation complexes.J Biol Chem. 1960; 235: 2745-2756
- Thiamine intestinal, transport and related issues: recent aspects.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 2000; 224: 246-255
- The resistance of certain tissues to invasion.Am J Pathol. 1975; 81: 337-348
- New colorimetric cytotoxicity assay for anticancer-drug screening.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1990; 82: 1107-1112
- A detailed study of risk factors for retinopathy and nephropathy in diabetes.Diabetes. 1980; 29: 501-508
- High glucose triggered apoptosis in cultured endothelial cells.Diabetes. 1995; 44: 1323-1327
- Effect of aldose reductase inhibitor (sorbinil) on integration of polyol pathway, pentose phosphate pathway, and glycolytic route in diabetic rat lens.Diabetes. 1986; 35: 1200-1205
- Elevated glucose impairs endothelium-dependent relaxation by activating protein kinase C.J Clin Invest. 1991; 87: 1642-1648
- Hyperglycemia-induced abnormal nitric oxide (NO) production by vascular endothelial cells: implications in diabetic wound healing.Surg Forum. 1995; XLV: 697-699
- Glycation and diabetic complications.Diabetes. 1994; 43: 836-841
- Hexose transport in normal and SV-40 transformed human endothelial cells in culture.J Cell Physiol. 1981; 106: 425-434
- Regulation of glucose transporter (GLUT3) and aldose reductase mRNA in bovine retinal endothelial cells and retinal pericytes in high galactose culture.Diabetologia. 1993; 36: 808-812
- Blood coagulation studies in 45 patients with ischemic cerebrovascular disease and 44 patients with venous thromboembolic disease.Acta Med Scand. 1980; 207: 385-390
- A study of hemostasis in ischemic cerebrovascular disease I. Abnormalities in factor VIII and antithrombin.Thromb Res. 1982; 26: 183-192
- Increased plasma levels of immunoreactive endothelin and von Willebrand factor in NIDDM patients.Diabetes Care. 1995; 18: 87-89
- Possible growth modulators involved in the pathogenesis of diabetic proliferative retinopathy.in: Growth factors in health and diseases. Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam1990: 303-317
Chen MF, Chen LT, Gold M, Boyce HW Jr. Plasma and erythrocyte thiamin concentrations in geriatric outpatients. J Am Coll Nutr 199;15:231-6.
- Accelerated death of retinal microvascualr cells in human and experimental diabetic retinopathy.J Clin Invest. 1996; 97: 2883-2890
- Glucose autooxidation and protein modification: the potential role of oxidative glycosylation in diabetes.Biochem J. 1987; 245: 243-250
*Supported by a grant from the Maimonides Research and Development Foundation.
**Reprint requests: Theresa Jacob, PhD, Director, Molecular Biology Research Labs, Division of Vascular Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, 4802 10th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11219.