To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The history of U.S. Army Base Hospital No. 6.: Thomas Todd Company, Boston, MA1924
- The Halifax disaster of 1917 and the birth of North American pediatric surgery.J Pediatr Surg. 2001; 36: 405-408
- Terrorist bombings: lessons learned from Belfast to Beirut.Ann Surg. 1988; 208: 569-576
- Management of casualties from the bombing at the centennial olympics.Am J Surg. 1998; 176: 538-543
- Medical consequencs of terrorism: the conventional weapon threat.Surg Clin North Am. 1999; 79: 1537-1552
- Surgical resource utilization in urban terrorist bombing: a computer simulation.J Trauma. 1999; 47: 545-550
- Hospital trauma care in multiple-casualty incidents: a critical view.Ann Emerg Med. 2001; 37: 647-652
- Impact of a major hurricane on surgical services in a university hospital.Am Surg. 1993; 59: 28-33
- Terrorism in America: an evolving threat.Arch Surg. 1997; 132: 1059-1066
- Classic concepts in disaster medical response.in: Humanitarian crises: the medical and public health response. : Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA1999: 69-79
- The role of a trauma center in disaster management.J Trauma. 1983; 23: 697-701
- Humanitarian crises: the medical and public health response. : Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA1999
Accepted: July 1, 2002
*Reprint requests: Susan M. Briggs, MD, MPH, FACS, Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 8 Hawthorne Place, Suite 114, Boston, MA 02114-2335.
© 2002 Mosby, Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.