To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States 1990-1997: results of a follow-up national survey.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1569-1575
- Alternative medicine use in presurgical patients.Anesthesiology. 2000; 93: 148-151
- Herbal medications: current trends in anesthesiology practice—a hospital survey.J Clin Anesth. 2000; 12: 468-471
- Open to alternatives.Mod Healthc. 1998; 28: 50-57
- Toxic effects of herbal medications and food supplements.Lancet. 1993; 342: 180-181
- Herbal medicines and perioperative care.JAMA. 2001; 286: 208-216
- Les cholecystitis aeosinophiles.Presse Med. 1949; 57: 558-559
- Eosinophilic cholecystitis: an uncommon inflammatory disease of the gall bladder.Int J Surg Sci. 1999; 6: 72-74
- Unconventional medicine in the United States: prevalence, costs and patterns of use.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 246-252
- Use of complimentary and alternative medicines by surgical patients.AANA J. 2000; 68: 13-18
- Use of alternative medicine by women with early-stage breast cancer.New Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 1733-1739
- Use of alternative medicine by patients undergoing cardiac surgery.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2000; 120: 335-341
- Consum Rep. 1999 Mar; 64: 44-48
- Gingko biloba: a case report of herbal medicine and bleeding postoperatively from a laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Am Surg. 2001; 67: 33-35
- Herbs in pediatric and adolescent medicine.Pediatr Rev. 2000; 21: 44-58
Accepted: October 21, 2001
*Reprint requests: Prasad S. Adusumilli, MD, Department of Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, 100 East 77th St, New York, NY 10021-1883.
© 2002 Mosby, Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.