Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- An update on carcinoid tumors.Problems in general surgery. 2003; 20: 125-133
- Pancreatic endocrine tumors.J Surg Res. 2004; 120: 139-161
- Gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors: factors that predict outcome.World J Surg. 2004; 28: 387-392
- Notch signaling induces cell cycle arrest in small cell lung cancer cells.Cancer Res. 2001; 61: 3200-3205
- Conservation of the Notch1 signaling pathway in gastrointestinal carcinoid cells.American Journal of Physiology-GI and Liver. 2005; 289: G636-G642
- Conservation of the Drosophila lateral inhibition pathway in human lung cancer: a hairy-related protein (HES-1) directly represses achaete-scute homolog-1 expression.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997; 94: 5355-5360
- The function of hairy-related bHLH repressor proteins in cell fate decisions.Bioessays. 1998; 20: 298-306
- The WRPW motif of the hairy-related basic helix-loop-helix repressor proteins acts as a 4-amino-acid transcription repression and protein-protein interaction domain.Mol Cell Biol. 1996; 16: 2670-2677
- Two mammalian helix-loop-helix factors structurally related to Drosophila hairy and Enhancer of split.Genes Dev. 1992; 6: 2620-2634
- Raf-1 activation suppresses neuroendocrine marker and hormone levels in human gastrointestinal carcinoid cells.Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003; 285: G245-G254
- Notch signalling controls pancreatic cell differentiation.Nature. 1999; 400: 877-881
- Notch signaling: cell fate control and signal integration in development.Science. 1999; 284: 770-776
- Dynamics of notch expression during murine prostate development and tumorigenesis.Cancer Res. 2001; 61: 7291-7297
- Control of endodermal endocrine development by Hes-1.Nat Genet. 2000; 24: 36-44
- The role of human achaete-scute homolog-1 in medullary thyroid cancer cells.Surgery. 2003; 134: 866-871
- Helix-loop-helix factors in growth and differentiation of the vertebrate nervous system.Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1997; 7: 659-665
- Molecular characterization of HES-2, a mammalian helix-loop-helix factor structurally related to Drosophila hairy and Enhancer of split.Eur J Biochem. 1993; 215: 645-652
- Persistent expression of helix-loop-helix factor HES-1 prevents mammalian neural differentiation in the central nervous system.EMBO J. 1994; 13: 1799-1805
- Targeted disruption of mammalian hairy and Enhancer of split homolog-1 (HES-1) leads to up-regulation of neural helix-loop-helix factors, premature neurogenesis, and severe neural tube defects.Genes Dev. 1995; 9: 3136-3148
- Mammalian Hairy and Enhancer of Split homolog 1 regulates differentiation of retinal neurons and is essential for eye morphogenesis.Neuron. 1996; 16: 723-734
- HES-1 repression of differentiation and proliferation in PC12 cells: Role for the helix 3-helix 4 domain in transcription repression.Mol Cell Biol. 2000; 20: 6170-6183
- The anti-estrogenic effect of all-trans-retinoic acid on the breast cancer cell line MCF-7 is dependent on HES-1 expression.J Biol Chem. 2002; 277: 28376-28379
Presented at the 26th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, Cancun, Mexico, April 3-5, 2005.
Supported in part by an American Surgical Association Foundation grant, an American College of Surgeons George Clowes Memorial Award, National Institutes of Health grants R21-DK063015, R21-DK064735, R21-DK066169, and an American Cancer Society Research Scholars Grant.