Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- The decrease in breast-cancer incidence in 2003 in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1670-1674
- Trends in mammography and clinical breast examination: a population-based study.J Surg Res. 2007; 140: 214-219
- Clinical practice. Mammographic screening for breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 1672-1680
- 14 years of follow-up from the Edinburgh randomised trial of breast-cancer screening.Lancet. 1999; 353: 1903-1908
- Reduced breast cancer mortality in women under age 50: updated results from the Malmo Mammographic Screening Program.J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1997; : 63-67
- The Gothenburg Breast Screening Trial.Cancer. 2003; 97: 2387-2396
- Followup after 11 years—update of mortality results in the Stockholm mammographic screening trial.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 1997; 45: 263-270
- Canadian National Breast Screening Study-2: 13-year results of a randomized trial in women aged 50-59 years.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 1490-1499
- The Canadian National Breast Screening Study-1: breast cancer mortality after 11 to 16 years of follow-up. A randomized screening trial of mammography in women age 40 to 49 years.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 137: 305-312
- Long-term effects of mammography screening: updated overview of the Swedish randomised trials.Lancet. 2002; 359: 909-919
- Periodic screening for breast cancer: the HIP Randomized Controlled Trial. Health Insurance Plan.J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1997; : 27-30
- Mammography service screening and mortality in breast cancer patients: 20-year follow-up before and after introduction of screening.Lancet. 2003; 361: 1405-1410
- Data File Documentation, National Health Interview Survey, 2000 (machine readable data file and documentation).National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Maryland2002
- Data File Documentation, National Health Interview Survey, 2005 (machine readable data file and documentation).National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, Maryland2006
- Trends in breast cancer by race and ethnicity: update 2006.CA Cancer J Clin. 2006; 56: 168-183
- Mammography screening rates decline: a person-time approach to evaluation.Prev Med. 2006; 43: 178-182
- Perceived racial discrimination and nonadherence to screening mammography guidelines: results from the race differences in the screening mammography process study.Am J Epidemiol. 2007; 165: 1287-1295
- Breast cancer screening among African American women: adherence to current recommendations.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2005; 16: 308-314
- Does utilization of screening mammography explain racial and ethnic differences in breast cancer?.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 144: 541-553
- Reducing racial/ethnic disparities in female breast cancer: screening rates and stage at diagnosis.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 2165-2172
- Racial/ethnic differences in the self-reported use of screening mammography.J Community Health. 2003; 28: 303-316
- State-specific prevalence of selected health behaviors, by race and ethnicity—Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 1997.MMWR CDC Surveill Summ. 2000; 49: 1-60
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for Breast Cancer: Recommendations and Rationale. February 2002. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. Available from: http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/3rduspstf/breastcancer/brcanrr.htm. 2006.
- How valid are mammography self-reports?.Am J Public Health. 1990; 80: 1386-1388
- Mammography use among sociodemographically diverse women: the accuracy of self-report.Am J Public Health. 1996; 86: 1016-1021
- A midpoint assessment of the American Cancer Society challenge goal to halve the U.S. cancer mortality rates between the years 1990 and 2015.Cancer. 2006; 107: 396-405
Presented at the Society of University Surgeons Annual Meeting, held in Huntington Beach, California on February 13–15, 2008.