Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2008. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2008: 5. Available from URL: www.cancer.org.
- Treatment of thyroid cancer: 2007—a basic review.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: S92-S99
- An evidence-based review of poorly differentiated thyroid cancer.World J Surg. 2007; 31: 934-945
- Drug insight: small-molecule inhibitors of protein kinases in the treatment of thyroid cancer.Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 2 (42-52)
- BRAF mutation in thyroid cancer.Endocr Relat Cancer. 2005; 12: 245-262
- Significance of BRAF mutations in papillary thyroid carcinoma: prognostic and therapeutic implications.Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 2: 180-181
- Genetic alterations and their relationship in the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in thyroid cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2007; 13: 1161-1170
- Oncogenic rearrangements of the NTRK1/NGF receptor.Cancer Lett. 2006; 232: 90-98
- New drugs in thyroid cancer.Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol. 2007; 51: 857-861
- Pathogenetic mechanisms in thyroid follicular-cell neoplasia.Nat Rev Cancer. 2006; 6: 292-306
- New therapeutic approaches to treat medullary thyroid carcinoma.Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 4: 22-32
- Mutation of the PIK3CA gene in anaplastic thyroid cancer.Cancer Res. 2005; 65: 10199-10207
- Hsp90 inhibitors: small molecules that transform the Hsp90 protein folding machinery into a catalyst for protein degradation.Med Res Rev. 2006; 26: 310-338
- Recent advances in Hsp90 inhibitors as antitumor agents.Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2008; 8: 761-782
- Development of withaferin A analogs as probes of angiogenesis.Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2006; 16: 2603-2607
- Scientific basis for the therapeutic use of Withania somnifera (ashwagandha): a review.Altern Med Rev. 2000; 5: 334-346
- Hsp90 inhibitors identified from a library of novobiocin analogues.J Am Chem Soc. 2005; 127: 12778-12779
- Heat shock protein 90: the cancer chaperone.J Biosci. 2007; 32: 517-530
- Hsp90 inhibitors disrupt mitochondrial homeostasis in cancer cells.Chem Biol. 2007; 14: 1204-1206
- Hsp90 as a target for drug development.ChemMedChem. 2006; 1: 1331-1340
- Extracellular heat shock protein 90: a role for a molecular chaperone in cell motility and cancer metastasis.Cancer Sci. 2007; 98: 1536-1539
- 17AAG: low target binding affinity and potent cell activity—finding an explanation.Mol Cancer Ther. 2003; 2: 123-129
- The clinical applications of heat shock protein inhibitors in cancer—present and future.Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2003; 3: 385-390
- Clinical development of 17-allylamino, 17-demethoxygeldanamycin.Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2003; 3: 377-383
- Deoxyribonucleic acid profiling analysis of 40 human thyroid cancer cell lines reveals cross-contamination resulting in cell line redundancy and misidentification.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93: 4331-4341
Presented at the 30th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, Madison, Wisconsin, May 2–5, 2009.
Supported in part by research grants from the National Institutes of Health (P20 RR016443 to B.N.T. and M.S.C.) through the University of Kansas Center for Cancer Experimental Therapeutics (CCET) National Institutes of Health Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) Program.