Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Mechanism of injury predicts patient mortality and impairment after blunt trauma.J Surg Res. 2009; 153: 138-142
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS). Available from: http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate.html.
- The role of the African-American physician in reducing traffic-related injury and death among African Americans: consensus of the National Medical Association.J Natl Med Assoc. 2002; 94: 108-118
World Health Organization Safe Communities. Available from: http://www.phs.ki.se/csp/who_publications_en.htm.
- Epidemiology of major trauma and trauma deaths in Los Angeles County.J Am Coll Surg. 1998; 187: 373-383
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). National Pedestrian Crash Report. Available from: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/810968.PDF.
- Multiple imputation in sample surveys: a phenomenological Bayesian approach to nonresponse.in: Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods Section. American Statistical Association, Alexandria, VA1978: 20-28
- On the performance of multiple imputation for multivariate data with small sample size.in: Hoyle R. Statistical strategies for small sample research. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA1999: 1-36
- Race and insurance status as risk factors for trauma mortality.Arch Surg. 2008; 143: 945-949
- Downwardly mobile: the accidental cost of being uninsured.Arch Surg. 2009; 11: 1006-1011
- Are there racial disparities in trauma care?.World J Surg. 2009; 33: 23-33
- Pedestrian crashes: higher injury severity and mortality rate for light truck vehicles compared with passenger vehicles.Inj Prev. 2004; 10: 154-158
- Comprehensive analysis of vehicle-pedestrian crashes at intersections in Florida.Accid Anal Prev. 2005; 37: 775-786
- Diagnostic analysis of the logistic model for pedestrian injury severity in traffic crashes.Accid Anal Prev. 2007; 39: 1267-1278
- Payer status: the unspoken triage criterion.J Trauma. 2001; 50: 776-783
- The influence of insurance status on the transfer of femoral fracture patients to a level-I trauma center.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 2625-2631
- A prospective evaluation of patients with isolated orthopedic injuries transferred to a level I trauma center.J Orthop Trauma. 2006; 20: 613-617
- Acutely injured patients with trauma in Massachusettts: differences in care and mortality, by insurance status.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1605-1608
- Disparity in use of orthotopic liver transplantation among blacks and whites.Liver Transpl. 2004; 10: 834-841
- Gastrointestinal malignancies: when does race matter?.J Am Coll Surg. 2009; 209: 645-652
- Racial disparities in abdominal aneurysm repair among male Medicare beneficiaries.Arch Surg. 2008; 143: 506-510
Vettukatil A, Haider AH, Oyetunji TA, Chang DC, Haut ER, Stevens KA, et al. Do trauma safety net hospitals deliver truly safe trauma care? A multilevel analysis of the National Trauma Data Bank. J Trauma. In press.
- State of disparities in cardiovascular health in the United States.Circulation. 2005; 111: 1233-1241
- Disparities in HbA1c levels between African Americans and non-Hispanic white adults with diabetes: a meta-analysis.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 2130-2136
- Medicare spending for previously uninsured adults.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 757-766
- The effect of pre-existing medical conditions and age on mortality after injury.J Trauma. 2006; 61: 1255-1260
- Area-wide traffic calming for preventing traffic related injuries.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003; 1 (CD003110)
- Vehicle travel speeds and the incidence of fatal pedestrian crashes.Accid Anal Prev. 1997; 29: 667-674
- Traffic signal phasing at intersections to improve safety for alcohol-affected pedestrians.Accid Anal Prev. 2007; 39: 751-756
- Interventions for increasing pedestrian and cyclist visibility for the prevention of death and injuries.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2006; 4 (CD003438)
- Are school zones effective? An examination of motor vehicle versus child pedestrian crashes near schools.Inj Prev. 2009; 15: 226-229
- Song. High point walking for health: creating built and social environments that support walking in a public housing community.Am J Pub Health. 2009; 99: S593-S599
- National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB) Version 7.0.American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, Chicago, IL2007