Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Canadian Cancer Society/National Cancer Institute of Canada. Canadian cancer statistics 2008, Toronto, Canada; 2008.
Portrait of the Canadian population in 2006, by age and sex, 2006 Census. Catalogue no. 97-551-XIE. Ottawa (Canada): Statistics Canada.
- Outcomes of surgery in patients over 90 years of age and older.JAMA. 1989; 261: 1909-1915
- Survival of colorectal carcinoma in the elderly. A prospective study of colorectal carcinoma and a five-year follow-up.Dis Colon Rectum. 1997; 40: 523-590
- Age and colorectal cancer with focus on the elderly: trends in relative survival and initial treatment from a Danish population-based study.Dis Colon Rectum. 2005; 48: 1755-1763
Holowaty EJ, Moravan V, Lee G, Chong N, Dale D. A reabstraction study to estimate the completeness and accuracy of data elements in the Ontario Cancer Registry. Report submitted to Health Canada, Ottawa, Canada; 1996.
- An application of capture-recapture methods to estimate the completeness of cancer registration.J Clin Epidemiol. 1988; 41: 495-501
- report of the Ontario data quality reabstracting study.Ontario Hospital Association, Toronto (Canada)1991
- Accuracy of administrative claims data in assessing patient characteristics and course in hospital for knee replacement surgery.J Clin Epi. 1997; 50: 265-273
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chron Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613-619
- The impact of age on post-operative outcomes of colorectal cancer patients undergoing surgical treatment.BMC Cancer. 2005; 5: 153
- Surgery for colorectal cancer in elderly patients: a systematic review. Colorectal Cancer Collaborative Group.Lancet. 2000; 356: 968-974
- Colorectal cancer surgery in elderly patients: presentation, treatment, and outcomes.Dis Colon Rectum. 2009; 52: 1272-1277
- Rectal cancer surgery in patients more than 80 years of age.Am J Surg. 2003; 185: 54-57
- Major colorectal cancer resection should not be denied to the elderly.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2002; 28: 661-666
- Outcomes in elderly patients following surgery for colorectal cancer in the veterans’ affairs health care system.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004; 20: 1115-1124
- Abdominal colon and rectal operations in the elderly.Dis Colon Rectum. 1991; 34: 959-963
- Safety and advantages of laparoscopic vs. open colectomy in the elderly.Dis Colon Rectum. 2000; 43: 326-332
- Results of operative treatment of gastrointestinal tract tumors in patients over 80 years of age.Arch Surg. 1989; 124: 662-664
- Age and type of procedure influence the choice of patients for laparoscopic coloectomy.Surg Endosc. 2003; 17: 923-929
- Laparoscopic vs. open colectomies in octogenarians: a case-matched control study.Dis Colon Rectum. 2005; 48: 2070-2075
- Outcome following colon surgery in the octogenarian.Am Surg. 1996; 62: 276-279
- Outcomes in octogenarians undergoing high-risk cancer operation: a national study.JACS. 2007; 205: 729-734
- Total hip and knee replacement.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 801-807
- Canadian classification of diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical procedures.Statistics Canada, Ottawa (Canada)1986
Supported by the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, which is funded by an annual grant from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.