Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Surgery and global health: a view from beyond the OR.World J Surg. 2008; 32: 533-536
- An estimation of the global volume of surgery: a modelling strategy based on available data.Lancet. 2008; 372: 139-144
- Global operating theatre distribution and pulse oximetry supply: an estimation from reported data.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1055-1061
- Jamison D.T. Breman J.G. Measham A.R. Priorities in health. World Bank, Washington, DC2006 (Table of Contents, Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries, 2nd ed. Available from:)
- Rwanda demographic and health Survey s010.NISR, MOH, and ICF International, Calverton, MD2011
- EDPRS: Lessons Learned 2008-2011.MINECOFIN, Kigali, Rwanda2012 (Available from)
- Sampling manual. DHS-III Basic documentation No. 6.Macro International Inc, Calverton, MD1996
- Trends in maternal mortality: 1990-2010.WHO, Geneva, Switzerland2012 (Available from)http://www.unfpa.org/webdav/site/global/shared/documents/publications/2012/Trends_in_maternal_mortality_A4-1.pdf
- Global and regional burden of disease and risk factors, 2001: systematic analysis of population health data.Lancet. 2006; 367: 1747-1757
- The “other” neglected diseases in global public health: surgical conditions in sub-Saharan Africa.PLoS Med. 2008; 5: e121
- Comprehensive national analysis of emergency and essential surgical capacity in Rwanda.Br J Surg. 2012; 99: 436-443
Surgeons OverSeas. Available from www.humanitariansurgery.org.
- Pilot testing of a population-based surgical survey tool in Sierra Leone.World J Surg. 2012; 36: 771-774
- A national survey of musculoskeletal impairment in Rwanda: prevalence, causes and service implications.PLoS One. 2008; 3: e2851
- Musculoskeletal impairment survey in Rwanda: design of survey tool, survey methodology, and results of the pilot study (a cross sectional survey).BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2007; 8: 30
- A Simplified general method for cluster-sample surveys of health in developing countries.World Health Stat Q. 1991; 44: 98-106
- Cluster sampling to assess immunization coverage: a review of experience with simplified sampling method.Bull World Health Organ. 1982; 60: 253-260
- Sample design for the Fourth Rwanda Demographic and Health Survey in 2010 (RDHS-IV).ICF Macro. 2010;
Rwanda National Institute of Statistics. National Population Projection, 2007-2022. July 2009. Available from www.statistics.gov.rw.
- Cohort studies around the world: methodologies, research questions and integration to address the emerging global epidemic of chronic diseases.Public Health. 2012; 126: 202-205
- Projections of global health outcomes from 2005 to 2060 using the International Futures integrated forecasting model.Bull World Health Organ. 2011; 89: 478-486
- Projections of global mortality and burden of disease from 2002 to 2030.PLoS Med. 2006; 3: e442
Surgeons OverSeas (SOS) provided the survey tool, technical assistance, and funding for the logistical execution of the data collection, including the salaries of the interviewers and field supervisor. The UVA Department of Surgery provided funding for statistical analysis and consultative assistance with study design.