Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Ambulatory surgery in the United States, 2006.Natl Health Stat Rep. 2009; 2009: 1-25
- Ambulatory surgery centers and interventional techniques: a look at long-term survival.Pain Physician. 2011; 14: E177-E215
- Infection control practices in ambulatory surgical centers.JAMA. 2010; 303: 2295-2297
- CMS criticizes quality oversight of ambulatory surgery centers.GHA Today. 2002; 46 (3, 9)
- Final five: ASCs told to target patient safety.Hospitals Health Networks/AHA. 2007; 81 (56, 51): 53-54
- Medicare program; revised payment system policies for services furnished in ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) beginning in CY 2008. Final rule.Federal Register. 2007; 72: 42469-42626
- Outpatient quality reporting slated.OR Manager. 2007; 23: 5
- Adverse events in older patients undergoing colonoscopy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 74: 885-896
- The incidence and cost of unexpected hospital use after scheduled outpatient endoscopy.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1752-1757
- Management of postdischarge nausea and vomiting after ambulatory surgery.Curr Op Anaesthesiol. 2011; 24: 612-619
- Symptom distress and functional status changes during the first seven days after ambulatory surgery.Anesth Analg. 1998; 86: 739-745
Pennsylvania_Patient_Safety_Reporting_System. Unanticipated care after discharge from ambulatory surgical facilities. 2005. Available from http://patientsafetyauthority.org/ADVISORIES/AdvisoryLibrary/2005/dec2(4)/Documents/01b.pdf.
- Retrospective evaluation of unanticipated admissions and readmissions after same day surgery and associated costs.J Clin Anesth. 2002; 14: 349-353
- What happens after discharge? Return hospital visits after ambulatory surgery.Anesth Analg. 1997; 84: 319-324
- Return hospital visits and hospital readmissions after ambulatory surgery.Ann Surg. 1999; 230: 721-727
HCUP. Overview of Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. 2012. Available from http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/overview.jsp.
HCUP. State Ambulatory Surgery Database (SASD). Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). 2009. Available from http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/sasdoverview.jsp.
HCUP. State Inpatient Database (SID). Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). 2009. Available from http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/sidoverview.jsp.
HCUP. State Emergency Department Database (SEDD). Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). 2009. Available from http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/seddoverview.jsp.
HCUP. Clinical Classifications Software for Services and Procedures. 2013. Available from http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/toolssoftware/ccs_svcsproc/ccssvcproc.jsp.
HCUP. Clinical Classifications Software (CCS) for ICD-9-CM. 2012. Available from http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/toolssoftware/ccs/ccs.jsp.
- Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data.Med Care. 1998; 36: 8-27
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.Medical Care. 2005; 43: 1130-1139
- An administrative claims measure suitable for profiling hospital performance on the basis of 30-day all-cause readmission rates among patients with heart failure.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2008; 1: 29-37
- An administrative claims measure suitable for profiling hospital performance based on 30-day all-cause readmission rates among patients with acute myocardial infarction.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2011; 4: 243-252
Schabenberger O. Introducing the GLIMMIX procedure for generalized linear mixed models. Available from http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/196-30.pdf&sa=U&ei=8VV3UOTBA-iQ0QGc1ICwAg&ved=0CBQQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGchcE-0-Da79pU3o0JR846wR4fOA.
- Hospital competition and financial performance: the effects of ambulatory surgery centers.Health Econ. 2011; 20: 571-581
- The ambulatory endoscopy center (AEC): what it can do for your gastroenterology practice.Gastrointest Endosc Clin North Am. 2006; 16: 687-694
- Patient mix in outpatient surgery settings and implications for medicare payment policy.Med Care Res Rev. 2012; 69: 62-82
Dr Ross is supported by the National Institute on Aging ( K08 AG032886 ) and by the American Federation for Aging Research through the Paul B. Beeson Career Development Award Program. Drs Vashi, Ross, and Gross are involved with the Clinical Scholar's Program that is supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation . Dr Vashi is also a VA scholar and is supported by the Department of Veterans Affairs .
The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy of the United States Air Force, Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Health & Human Services or the U.S. Government.
Drs Gross and Ross are members of a scientific advisory board for FAIR Health, Inc and receive research funding from Medtronic, Inc to develop methods of clinical trial data sharing. Dr Ross also receives research funding from the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to develop and maintain performance measures that are used for public reporting and from the Pew Charitable Trusts to examine regulatory issues at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.