Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of Kidney stones in the United States.Eur Urol. 2012; 62: 160-165
- Time trends in reported prevalence of kidney stones in the United States: 1976-1994.Kidney Int. 2003; 63: 1817-1823
- Emergency department visits, use of imaging, and drugs for urolithiasis have increased in the United States.Kidney Int. 2013; 83: 479-486
- Litwin M.S. Saigal C. Urologic Diseases in America. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2012 (NIH Publication No. 12-7865)
- Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service program.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1418-1428
- Revisiting readmissions—changing the incentives for shared accountability.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1457-1459
- Thirty-day readmissions—truth and consequences.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1366-1369
- A path forward on Medicare readmissions.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1175-1177
- Characteristics of hospitals receiving penalties under the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program.JAMA. 2013; 309: 342-343
- Hospitalization trends after prostate and bladder surgery: implications of potential payment reforms.J Urol. 2013; 189: 59-65
- Surgical quality among Medicare beneficiaries undergoing outpatient urological surgery.J Urol. 2012; 188: 1274-1278
- Urologic diseases in America project: urolithiasis.J Urol. 2005; 173: 848-857
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.Med Care. 2005; 43: 1130-1139
- Accuracy of ICD-9-CM codes for identifying cardiovascular and stroke risk factors.Med Care. 2005; 43: 480-485
- Practice variation in the surgical management of urinary lithiasis.J Urol. 2011; 186: 146-150
- Readmission rates and cost following colorectal surgery.Dis Colon Rectum. 2011; 54: 1475-1479
- Incidence of potentially avoidable urgent readmissions and their relation to all-cause urgent readmissions.CMAJ. 2011; 183: E1067-E1072
- Proportion of hospital readmissions deemed avoidable: a systematic review.CMAJ. 2011; 183: E391-E402
- Income inequality and 30 day outcomes after acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, and pneumonia: retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2013; 346: f521
- Understanding differences between high and low volume hospitals for radical prostatectomy.Urol Oncol. 2008; 26: 260-265
- Getting under the hood of the volume-outcome relationship for radical cystectomy.J Urol. 2007; 177 (discussion 2099): 2095-2099
- Volume, process of care, and operative mortality for cystectomy for bladder cancer.Urology. 2007; 69: 871-875
- 2007 guideline for the management of ureteral calculi.J Urol. 2007; 178: 2418-2434
- Management of ureteral calculi: a cost comparison and decision making analysis.J Urol. 2002; 167: 1621-1629
Drs. Scales was supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars program and the US Department of Veterans Affairs . The Urologic Diseases in America Project is supported by grant HHSN276201200016C from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and the National Library of Medicine .
Present address of Dr Scales: Duke Clinical Research Institute and Division of Urologic Surgery, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC.