Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Nationwide Inpatient Sample. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) [updated 2006]. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp.
National Survey of Ambulatory Surgery. National Center for Health Statistics [updated 2006]. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nsas.htm.
- Epidemiology and cost of ventral hernia repair: making the case for hernia research.Hernia. 2012; 16: 179-183
- Surgical treatment of incisional hernia.Br J Surg. 2002; 89: 534-535
- A comparison of suture repair with mesh repair for incisional hernia.N Engl J Med. 2000; 343: 392-398
- Incisional hernia.Surg Clin North Am. 1993; 73: 557-570
- Risk factors for 30-day hospital readmission among general surgery patients.J Am Coll Surg. 2012; 215: 322-330
- Nationwide prospective study of outcomes after elective incisional hernia repair.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 216: 217-228
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. March 23, 2010.
- Report to the Congress: Promoting Greater Efficiency in Medicare.2007
- Outcomes of simultaneous laparoscopic cholecystectomy and ventral hernia repair compared to that of laparoscopic cholecystectomy alone.Surg Endosc. 2013; 27: 67-73
- Evaluation of high-risk, comorbid patients undergoing open ventral hernia repair with synthetic mesh.Surgery. 2013; 153: 120-125
- Laparoscopic versus open hernia repair: outcomes and sociodemographic utilization results from the nationwide inpatient sample.Surg Endosc. 2013; 27: 109-117
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair: Primary versus secondary hernias.J Surg Res. 2013; 181: e1-e5
- Long-term durability and comfort of laparoscopic ventral hernia repair.JSLS. 2012; 16: 380-386
- Laparoscopic versus open anterior abdominal wall hernia repair: 30-day morbidity and mortality using the ACS-NSQIP database.Ann Surg. 2011; 254: 641-652
- Thirty-day readmission after ventral hernia repair: predictable or preventable?.Surg Endosc. 2011; 25: 1446-1451
- Validation of new readmission data in the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 216: 420-427
- Toward robust information: data quality and inter-rater reliability in the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.J Am Coll Surg. 2010; 210: 6-16
- Design and statistical methodology of the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program: why is it what it is?.Am J Surg. 2009; 198: S19-S27
American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program. User Guide for the 2011 Participant Use Data File. Available at http://site.acsnsqip.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2011-User-Guide_Final.pdf.
- Preoperative risk factors and surgical complexity are more predictive of costs than postoperative complications: a case study using the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) database.Ann Surg. 2005; 242: 463-468
- Resident involvement and plastic surgery outcomes: an analysis of 10,356 patients from the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program database.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 131: 763-773
- A simulation study of the number of events per variable in logistic regression analysis.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 1373-1379
- Multivariable prognostic models: issues in developing models, evaluating assumptions and adequacy, and measuring and reducing errors.Stat Med. 1996; 15: 361-387
- Predictive model of readmission to internal medicine wards.Eur J Int Med. 2012; 23: 451-456
- Hospital readmissions in the Medicare population.N Engl J Med. 1984; 311: 1349-1353
- Causes and implications of readmission after abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.Ann Surg. 2012; 256: 595-605
- Readmission after pancreatectomy for pancreatic cancer in Medicare patients.J Gastrointest Surg. 2009; 13: 1963-1974
- Predictors of readmission for complications of coronary artery bypass graft surgery.JAMA. 2003; 290: 773-780
- Hospitalization before and after gastric bypass surgery.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1918-1924
- Nationwide analysis of prolonged hospital stay and readmission after elective ventral hernia repair.Dan Med Bull. 2011; 58: A4322
- Nationwide study of early outcomes after incisional hernia repair.Br J Surg. 2009; 96: 1452-1457
- Abstinence from smoking reduces incisional wound infection: a randomized controlled trial.Ann Surg. 2003; 238: 1-5
- A comparative analysis between laparoscopic and open ventral hernia repair at a tertiary care center.Am Surg. 2012; 78: 888-892
- Prognosis factors in incisional hernia surgery: 25 years of experience.Hernia. 2005; 9: 16-21
- A 5-Year clinical experience with single-staged repairs of infected and contaminated abdominal wall defects utilizing biologic mesh.Ann Surg. 2013; 257: 991-996
- Outcomes of complex abdominal herniorrhaphy: experience with 106 cases.Ann Plast Surg. 2012; 68: 382-388
- Combined procedures with laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Indian J Surg. 2010; 72: 377-380
- Combined procedures in laparoscopic surgery.Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2003; 13: 382-386
- Income inequality and 30 day outcomes after acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, and pneumonia: retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2013; 346: f521
- Risk prediction models for hospital readmission: a systematic review.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1688-1698