Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Patients charting the course: Citizen engagement in the learning health system: Workshop summary.National Academies Press, Washington (DC)2011
- Implementing the learning health system: from concept to action.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 207-210
- Washington state's approach to variability in surgical processes/outcomes: Surgical Clinical Outcomes Assessment Program (SCOAP).Surgery. 2005; 138: 821-828
- Creating a learning healthcare system in surgery: Washington state's surgical care and outcomes assessment program (SCOAP) at 5 years.Surgery. 2012; 151: 146-152
- Prevalence of and risk factors for peripheral arterial disease in the United States results from the national health and nutrition examination survey, 1999–2000.Circulation. 2004; 110: 738-743
Hirsch AT, Haskal ZJ, Hertzer NR, Bakal CW, Creager MA, Halperin JL, et al. ACC/AHA 2005 guidelines for the management of patients with peripheral arterial disease (lower extremity, renal, mesenteric, and abdominal aortic). J Am Coll Cardiol 2006;47:e1-192.
- A model for incorporating patient and stakeholder voices in a learning healthcare network: Washington State's Comparative Effectiveness Research Translation Network (CERTAIN).J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: S122-S129
- Surgical versus nonsurgical therapy for lumbar spinal stenosis.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 794-810
- Surgical vs nonoperative treatment for lumbar disk herniation.JAMA. 2006; 296: 2441-2450
- Enteral contrast in the computed tomography diagnosis of appendicitis: comparative effectiveness in a prospective surgical cohort.Ann Surg. 2013; (Oct; Epub ahead of print)
- Short- and long-term mortality after appendectomy in Sweden 1987-2006: Influence of appendectomy diagnosis, sex, age, co-morbidity, surgical method, hospital volume, and time period–a national population based cohort study.World J Surg. 2013; 37: 982-983
- A population-based, shared decision making approach to recruit for a randomized trial of bariatric surgery versus lifestyle for type 2 diabetes.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2013; 9: 837-844
- Importance of perioperative glycemic control in general surgery: a report from the surgical care and outcomes assessment program.Ann Surg. 2013; 257: 8-14
- Risk of emergency colectomy and colostomy in patients with diverticular disease.Arch Surg. 2005; 140: 681
- Organization and delivery of personal health services: Public policy issues.Milbank Mem Fund Q. 1968; 46: 225-258
Holve E. Ensuring support for research and quality improvement (QI) networks: Four pillars of sustainability - an emerging framework. EGEMS (Generating Evidence & Methods to Improve Patient Outcomes) 2013;1(1):Article 5, Available from: http://repository.academyhealth.org/egems/vol1/iss1/5.