So, are boys and girls really different?
Who believes in estradiol?
Can we put it all together?
Is it the numerator or the denominator?
Being female as therapy
- Sex bias exists in basic science and translational surgical research.Surgery. 2014; 156: 508-516
- Genes don’t count.Arch Surg. 1998; 133: 667-669
- The role of estrogen and receptor agonists in maintaining organ function after trauma-hemorrhage.Shock. 2009; 31: 227-237
- 17beta-Estradiol: a novel hormone for improving immune and cardiovascular responses following trauma-hemorrhage.J Leukoc Biol. 2008; 83: 518-522
- Inflammation and the Host Response to Injury Investigators. Characterization of the gender dimorphism after injury and hemorrhagic shock: are hormonal differences responsible?.Crit Care Med. 2008; 36: 1838-1845
- The complex role of estrogens in inflammation.Endocr Rev. 2007; 28: 521-574
- Enhanced immune responses in females, as opposed to decreased responses in males following haemorrhagic shock and resuscitation.Cytokine. 1996; 8: 853-863
- Testosterone receptor blockade after hemorrhage in males. Restoration of the depressed immune functions and improved survival following subsequent sepsis.Arch Surg. 1997; 132: 1207-1214
- Pregnancy is protective.Surgery. 2011; 149: 163
- Words, words, words.Surgery. 2010; 147: 138-139
- Women rule.Surgery. 2010; 147: 134-137