Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- American Society of Clinical Oncology recommendations on adjuvant chemotherapy for stage II colon cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 3408-3419
- Colon cancer clinical practice guidelines in oncology.J Natl Compr Cancer Netw. 2003; 1: 40-53
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/colon.pdf. Accessed March 16, 2005.
- Levamisole and fluorouracil for adjuvant therapy of resected colon carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 1990; 322: 352-358
- Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment for colon cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 2343-2351
- Fluorouracil plus levamisole as effective adjuvant therapy after resection of stage III colon carcinoma: a final report.Ann Intern Med. 1995; 122: 321-326
- Ensuring quality cancer care: a follow-up review of the Institute of Medicine's 10 recommendations for improving the quality of cancer care in America.Cancer. 2012; 118: 2571-2582
- Adherence to stage-specific treatment guidelines for patients with colon cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 972-979
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in older patients with stage III colon cancer: an underused lifesaving treatment.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 2576-2578
- Age and adjuvant chemotherapy use after surgery for stage III colon cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2001; 93: 850-857
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Colon Cancer. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed May 13, 2015.
- Follow-up care, surveillance protocol, and secondary prevention measures for survivors of colorectal cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical practice guideline endorsement.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 4465-4470
- Association between adherence to National Comprehensive Cancer Network treatment guidelines and improved survival in patients with colon cancer.Cancer. 2013; 119: 1593-1601
- Randomized trial of postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy for carcinoma of the rectum: National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Protocol R-02.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 388
- The National Cancer Data Base: a powerful initiative to improve cancer care in the United States.Ann Surg Oncol. 2008; 15: 683-690
- The national cancer data base: past, present, and future.Ann Surg Oncol. 2010; 17: 4-7
American College of Surgeons. Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards: December 18, 2012. Available at: https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/cancer/ncdb/registrymanuals/cocmanuals/fordsmanual. Accessed May 13, 2015.
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613-619
- Racial disparities in receipt and comparative effectiveness of oxaliplatin for stage III colon cancer in older adults.Cancer. 2012; 118: 2925-2934
- Association of area sociodemographic characteristics and capacity for treatment with disparities in colorectal cancer care and mortality.Cancer. 2011; 117: 4267-4276
- Age, sex, and racial differences in the use of standard adjuvant therapy for colorectal cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 1192-1202
- Lack of access to chemotherapy for colon cancer: multiplicative disadvantage of being extremely poor, inadequately insured and African American.BMC Health Serv Res. 2014; 14: 133
- Reasons for underuse of recommended therapies for colorectal and lung cancer in the Veterans Health Administration.Cancer. 2012; 118: 3345-3355
- Reasons physicians do not recommend and patients refuse adjuvant chemotherapy for stage III colon cancer: a population based chart review.BMC Res Notes. 2012; 5: 269
- Improved overall survival with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment in stage II or III colon cancer in the MOSAIC trial.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 3109-3116
- Multidisciplinary teams in the management of rectal cancer.Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2007; 20: 143-147
- The multidisciplinary team meeting improves staging accuracy and treatment selection for gastro-esophageal cancer.Dis Esophagus. 2006; 19: 496-503
- Multidisciplinary team working in cancer: where are we now?.BMJ. 2010; 340: c951
- Team decision making by cancer care multidisciplinary teams: a systematic review.Ann Surg Oncol. 2011; 18: 2116-2125
- A population-based cohort study on adherence to practice guidelines for adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer.BMC Cancer. 2014; 14: 948
- Improving patient survival with the colorectal cancer multi-disciplinary team.Colorectal Dis. 2009; 11: 291-295
- Impact of patient navigation on timely cancer care: the Patient Navigation Research Program.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014; 106: dju115
- Can patient navigation improve receipt of recommended breast cancer care? Evidence from the National Patient Navigation Research Program.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 2758-2764
- Patient safety.Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh2006
- Re-engineering the medication error-reporting process: removing the blame and improving the system.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2000; 57: S10-S17
- A risk analysis method to evaluate the impact of a computerized provider order entry system on patient safety.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2008; 15: 453-460