Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Infectious complications after orthotopic liver transplantation.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2012; 33: 111-124
- Incidence, management, and results of vascular complications after liver transplantation.Transplant Proc. 2011; 43: 749-750
- Vascular complications after deceased and living donor liver transplantation: a single-center experience.Transplant Proc. 2010; 42: 865-870
- Postoperative handover: problems, pitfalls, and prevention of error.Ann Surg. 2010; 252: 171-176
- Can we make postoperative patient handovers safer? A systematic review of the literature.Anesth Analg. 2012; 115: 102-115
- High-hanging fruit: improving transitions in health care.in: Henriksen K. Battles J.B. Keyes M.A. Grady M.L. Advances in patient safety: new directions and alternative approaches (Vol. 3: Performance and Tools). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD2008
Procedures for Performing a Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis. 1949. MIL-P-1629. Available from: http://www.fmeainfocentre.com/handbooks/milstd1629.pdf.
Procedure for Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA). 1966. RA–006–013–1A. Available from: http://www.fmeainfocentre.com/handbooks/19700076494_1970076494.pdf.
Design Analysis Procedure For Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA). 1967. ARP926. Available from: http://www.fmeainfocentre.com/handbooks/19700076494_1970076494.pdf.
- Chemotherapy prescribing errors: an observational study on the role of information technology and computerized physician order entry systems.BMC Health Serv Res. 2013; 13: 522
- Use of risk assessment analysis by failure mode, effects, and criticality to reduce door-to-balloon time.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 62: 388-398.e312
- Effectiveness and cost of failure mode and effects analysis methodology to reduce neurosurgical site infections.Am J Med Qual. 2014; 29: 517-521
- An analysis of risk perception and the RPN index within Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.(Thesis) ProQuest, 2008
- An introduction to FMEA. Using failure mode and effects analysis to meet JCAHO's proactive risk assessment requirement. Failure Modes and Effect Analysis.Health Devices. 2002; 31 (No authors listed): 223-226
- Evaluating efforts to optimize TeamSTEPPS implementation in surgical and pediatric intensive care units.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2011; 37: 365-374
- Handovers from the OR to the ICU.Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2013; 51: 43-61
- Interns overestimate the effectiveness of their hand-off communication.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 491-496
- Quality of handover to the postanaesthesia care unit nurse.Anaesthesia. 2002; 57: 488-493
- Patient handover from surgery to intensive care: using Formula 1 pit-stop and aviation models to improve safety and quality.Paediatr Anaesth. 2007; 17: 470-478
- Handover after pediatric heart surgery: a simple tool improves information exchange.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2011; 12: 309-313
- Standardized multidisciplinary protocol improves handover of cardiac surgery patients to the intensive care unit.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2011; 12: 304-308
- A handoff protocol from the cardiovascular operating room to cardiac ICU is associated with improvements in care beyond the immediate postoperative period.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2013; 39: 306-311
- Failure mode and effects analysis outputs: are they valid?.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 150
This work is funded by AHRQ and NIDDK T32 Training Grants (McElroy 5T32HS78-15, T32DK77662-7) and the NIDDK (1R01DK090129).