Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Lessons learned about public health from online crowd surveillance.Big Data. 2013; 1: 160-167
- Use of the internet to communicate with health care providers in the United States: estimates from the 2003 and 2005 Health Information National Trends Surveys (HINTS).J Med Internet Res. 2007; 12: e20
- How doctors view and use social media: a national survey.J Med Internet Res. 2014; 16: e267
- Integration of social media in emergency medicine residency curriculum.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 64: 396-404
- Patients’ perspective of accessibility and digital delivery of factual content provided by official medical and surgical specialty websites: a qualitative assessment.Interact J Med Res. 2015; 4: e7
- Analysis of YouTubeTM videos related to bowel preparation for colonoscopy.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 6: 432-435
- Effect of social media in health care and orthopedic surgery.Orthopedics. 2012; 35: 294-297
- Biological, psychological and social processes that explain celebrities’ influence on patients’ health-related behaviors.Arch Public Health. 2015; 73: 3
EIF Entertainment Industry FoundationTM. Available from: http://www.eifoundation.org/programs/eifs-national-colorectal-cancer-research-alliance/content/katie-couric-colon-cancer-awarene.
“TV pitchman Kevin Trudeau gets 10-year sentence.” Available from: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/17/kevin-trudeau-sentenced/6546433/.
“Social Networking Fact Sheet.” Pew Research Centers Internet American Life Project RSS. Pew Research Center. Available from: http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheets/social-networking-fact-sheet/.
- Randomized clinical trial of sacral versus percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation in patients with faecal incontinence.Br J Surg. 2015; 102: 349-358
- Hidden in plain sight: a crowdsourced public art contest to make automated external defibrillators more visible.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: 2306-2312
- A comparative legal analysis of social media advertising of drugs in Germany and the United States.Food Drug Law J. 2013; 68: 259-279
- Evaluation of initial participation in public reporting of American College of Surgeons NSQIP surgical outcomes on Medicare’s hospital compare website.J Am Coll Surg. 2014; 218: 374-380
- Surgeon-level reporting presented by funnel plot is understood by doctors but inaccurately interpreted by members of the public.J Surg Educ. 2014; 72: 500-503