Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Kindred spirits of the endocrines: the training of the future endocrine surgeons.J Surg Oncol. 2005; 89: 202-205
- Endocrine Surgery.Am J Surg. 2011; 202: 369-371
- The importance of surgeon experience for clinical and economic outcomes from thyroidectomy.Ann Surg. 1998; 228: 320-330
- Operative failures after parathyroidectomy for hyperparathyroidism: the influence of surgical volume.Ann Surg. 2010; 252: 691-695
- Avoidable reoperations for thyroid and parathyroid surgery: effect of hospital volume.Surgery. 2008; 144: 899-906
- Trends in thyroid surgery in Illinois.Surgery. 2013; 154: 1016-1023
- Outcomes from 3144 adrenalectomies in the United States: which matters more, surgeon volume or specialty?.Arch Surg. 2009; 11: 1060-1067
- Who performs endocrine operations in the United States?.Surgery. 2003; 134: 924-931
- The maturation of a specialty: workforce projections for endocrine surgery.Surgery. 2007; 142: 876-883
- Projecting cancer incidence and deaths to 2030: the unexpected burden of thyroid, liver, and pancreas cancers in the United States.Cancer Res. 2014; 74: 2913-2921
- The prevalence of undiagnosed and unrecognized primary hyperparathyroidism: a population-based analysis of the electronic medical record.Surgery. 2013; 154: 1232-1237
- Endocrine surgical training - some ABC measures.Surgery. 1996; 120: 905-912
US Census Bureau. Population estimates. Available from: www.census.gov/popest/data/state/totals/2013/index.html.
- Surgeon volume and adequacy of thyroidectomy for differentiated thyroid cancer.Surgery. 2014; 156: 1453-1459
- Volume-based trends in thyroid surgery.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010; 136: 1191-1198
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medicare Provider Utilization and Payment Data: Physicians and Other Supplier. Available from: www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Medicare-Provider-Charge-Data/Physician-and-Other-Supplier.html.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. CMS Statistics Reference Booklets. Available from: www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/CMS-Statistics-Reference-Booklet/index.html.
ASPE Issue Brief. Access to Physicians’ Services for Medicare Beneficiaries. Available from: http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2013/PhysicianMedicare/ib_physicianmedicare.cfm.
- Endocrine surgery in present-day academia.Surgery. 2014; 156: 1461-1469
ACS Health Policy Research Institute and the American Association of Medical Colleges. The Surgery Workforce in the United States: Profile and Recent Trends [updated 2010 Apr]. Available from: www.acshpri.org/documents/ACSHPRI_Surgical_Workforce_in_US_apr2010.pdf.
- 2014 American Association of Endocrine Surgeons presidential address: evolution.Surgery. 2014; 156: 1289-1296
- The endocrine surgery job market: a survey of fellows, department chairs, and surgery recruiters.J Surg Educ. 2013; 70: 377-383