Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- AHRQ quality indicators: Guide to patient safety indicators.Department of Health and Human Services, 2003 (Available from: http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/downloads/modules/psi/v31/psi_guide_v31.pdf)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services hospital compare website. 2015. Hospital Compare. Available from: https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html.
- Prevention of VTE in nonorthopedic surgical patients: Antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141: e227S-e277S
- Introduction to the ninth edition: Antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141: 48S-52S
- Risk assessment as a guide for the prevention of the many faces of venous thromboembolism.Am J Surg. 2010; 199: S3-S10
- Correlation of missed doses of enoxaparin with increased incidence of deep vein thrombosis in trauma and general surgery patients.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 365-370
- The practice of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in the major trauma patient.J Trauma. 2007; 62 (discussion 562-563): 557-562
- Association between interruptions in chemical prophylaxis and VTE formation.Am Surg. 2015; 81: 732-737
- Effectiveness of a novel and scalable clinical decision support intervention to improve venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: A quasi-experimental study.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2012; 12: 92
- Electronic alerts to prevent venous thromboembolism among hospitalized patients.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 969-977
- Effects of clinical decision support on venous thromboembolism risk assessment, prophylaxis, and prevention at a university teaching hospital.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010; 67: 1265-1273
- Electronic risk assessment for venous thromboembolism: Investigating physicians' rationale for bypassing clinical decision support recommendations.BMJ Open. 2014; 4: e005647
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Postoperative pulmonary embolism or deep vein thrombosis rate. 2015. Available from: http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Downloads/Modules/PSI/V44/TechSpecs/PSI%2012%20Postoperative%20PE%20or%20DVT%20Rate.pdf.
The Joint Commission. Venous thromboembolism. 2015. Available from: https://www.jointcommission.org/venous_thromboembolism/.
- Evaluation of surveillance bias and the validity of the venous thromboembolism quality measure.JAMA. 2013; 310: 1482-1489
- Validity of ICD-9-CM screening for sepsis in surgical mortalities.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2014; 15: 513-516
- Validity of agency for healthcare research and quality patient safety indicators at an academic medical center.Am Surg. 2013; 79: 578-582
- Postoperative venous thromboembolism outcomes measure: Analytic exploration of potential misclassification of hospital quality due to surveillance bias.Ann Surg. 2015; 261: 443-444
- Interrupted pharmocologic thromboprophylaxis increases venous thromboembolism in traumatic brain injury.J Trauma. 2011; 70 (discussion 25-26): 19-24
- Reducing the risk of venous thromboembolism (deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism) in inpatients having surgery: Summary of NICE guidance.BMJ. 2007; 334: 1053-1054
- The rate of bleeding complications after pharmacologic deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis: A systematic review of 33 randomized controlled trials.Arch Surg. 2006; 141 (discussion 797-799): 790-797
- Prevention of VTE in orthopedic surgery patients: Antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141: e278S-e325S
- Effect of point-of-care computer reminders on physician behaviour: A systematic review.CMAJ. 2010; 182: E216-E225
- Improving clinical practice using clinical decision support systems: A systematic review of trials to identify features critical to success.BMJ. 2005; 330: 765
- What evidence supports the use of computerized alerts and prompts to improve clinicians' prescribing behavior?.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2009; 16: 531-538