Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Daly R. Health care deals surge in 2015. 2015; Healthcare Business News; http://www.hfma.org/Content.aspx?id=42986).
- The potential hazards of hospital consolidation: Implications for quality, access, and price.JAMA. 2015; 314: 1337-1338
- Hospital consolidation isn't the key to lowering costs and raising quality.JAMA. 2015; 313: 345
- The impact of hospital consolidation—Update.(The Synthesis Project) Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, New Jerssey2012 (Available from:)
- Entry and competition in local hospital markets.J Ind Econ. 2007; 55: 265-288
- The quality effects of hospital mergers.US Dept. of Justice, Antitrust Division, Washington, D.C.2005
- Hospital finances and patient safety outcomes.Inquiry. 2005; 42: 60-72
- Hospital competition, managed care, and mortality after hospitalization for medical conditions: Evidence from three states.Med Care Res Rev. 2006; 63: 112S-140S
- Hospital competition, managed care, and mortality after hospitalization for medical conditions in California.Health Serv Res. 2007; 42: 682-705
- A retrospective analysis of the clinical quality effects of the acquisition of Highland Park Hospital by Evanston Northwestern Health care.Int J Econ Business. 2011; 18: 45-64
- Competition among hospitals and quality of care: Hospital-level analysis.(Unpublished paper) University of Chicago, 2003
- Input constraints and the efficiency of entry: Lessons from cardiac surgery.Amer Econ J: Econ Policy. 2010; 2: 51-76
- Quality and consumer choice in health care: Evidence from kidney transplantation.BE J Econ Analysis & Policy. 2005; 5: 1349
- Should operations be regionalized? The empirical relation between surgical volume and mortality.N Engl J Med. 1979; 301: 1364-1369
- Pledging to eliminate low-volume surgery.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 1388-1390
- Hospital consolidation and costs: Another look at the evidence.J Health Econ. 2003; 22: 983-997
- Methods for evaluating changes in health care policy: The difference-in-differences approach.JAMA. 2014; 312: 2401-2402
- Comparison of the Elixhauser and Charlson/Deyo methods of comorbidity measurement in administrative data.Med Care. 2004; 42: 355-360
- Impact of HMO market structure on physician-hospital strategic alliances.Health Serv Res. 2000; 35: 101-132
- Early intervention during acute stone admissions: Revealing “the weekend effect” in urological practice.J Urol. 2016; 196: 124-130
- The “weekend effect” in urgent general operative procedures.Surgery. 2015; 158: 508-514
- Components of hospital perioperative infrastructure can overcome the weekend effect in urgent general surgery procedures.Ann Surg. 2015; 262: 683-691
Supported by the National Institutes of Health grant T32 GM08750-16.