Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global surgery 2030: evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development.Lancet. 2015; 386: 569-624
World Bank. World Development Indicators 2016. Washington, DC: World Bank; 2016. Available from: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/23969.
- Data for the sustainable development of surgical systems: a global collaboration [Internet]. The Lancet Commission on Global Surgery, London2015 (Available from:)
- Size and distribution of the global volume of surgery in 2012.Bull World Health Organ. 2016; 94: 201-209F
- An estimation of the global volume of surgery: a modelling strategy based on available data.Lancet. 2008; 372: 139-144
- An interview of trauma registry custodians to determine lessons learnt.Injury. 2016; 47: 116-124
- What factors influence the production of orthopaedic research in East Africa? A qualitative analysis of interviews.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473: 2120-2130
- Barriers to expansion of cancer research: data collection challenges at a single-institution in Rwanda.J Cancer Policy. 2016; 7: 1-3
- Understanding the barriers to setting up a healthcare quality improvement process in resource-limited settings: a situational analysis at the Medical Department of Kamuzu Central Hospital in Lilongwe, Malawi.BMC Health Serv Res. 2014; 14: 1-10
- Patterns of surgical presentation at an African regional referral hospital: surveillance as a step towards improving access to care.Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016; ([Epub ahead of print])
Museveni HEYK. State of the Nation Address [Internet]. Kampala, Uganda: Statehouse Uganda; 2011. Available from: http://statehouse.go.ug/sites/default/files/attachments/speeches/state of the nation 2011 9th Parliament.doc.pdf.
National population and housing census 2014: provisional results [Internet]. Kampala, Uganda: Ugandan Bureau of Statistics; 2014. Available from: http://www.ubos.org/onlinefiles/uploads/ubos/nphc/nphc 2014 provisional results report.pdf.
- An efficient risk adjustment model to predict inpatient adverse events after surgery.World J Surg. 2014; 38: 1954-1960
- Perioperative mortality: analysis of 3 years of operative data across 7 general surgical projects of Médecins Sans Frontières in Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, and South Sudan.Surgery. 2016; 159: 1269-1278
- Associations with perioperative mortality rate at a major referral hospital in Rwanda.World J Surg. 2015; 40: 784-790
- A novel approach to global benchmarking of risk-adjusted surgical outcomes: beyond perioperative mortality rate.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 501-502
- Essential surgery at the district hospital: a retrospective descriptive analysis in three African countries.PLoS Med. 2010; 7: e1000243
- Challenges of surgery in developing countries: a survey of surgical and anesthesia capacity in Uganda’s public hospitals.World J Surg. 2012; 36: 1056-1065
- District-level surgery in Uganda: indications, interventions and perioperative mortality.Surgery. 2015; 158: 7-16
- Measuring global surgical disparities: a survey of surgical and anesthesia infrastructure in Bangladesh.World J Surg. 2012; 37: 24-31
- Prioritizing essential surgery and safe anesthesia for the Post-2015 Development Agenda: operative capacities of 78 district hospitals in 7 low- and middle-income countries.Surgery. 2014; 155: 365-373
- Outcome of patients undergoing open heart surgery at the Uganda heart institute, Mulago hospital complex.Afr Health Sci. 2014; 14: 946-952
- Outcomes and unmet need for neonatal surgery in a resource-limited environment: estimates of global health disparities from Kampala, Uganda.J Pediatr Surg. 2014; 49: 1825-1830
- The clinical presentation and early outcomes of necrotizing fasciitis in a Ugandan Tertiary Hospital–a prospective study.BMC Res Notes. 2014; 7: 476
- Uterine rupture in a teaching hospital in Mbarara, western Uganda, unmatched case-control study.Reprod Health. 2013; 10: 29
- Mortality of emergency abdominal surgery in high-, middle- and low-income countries.Br J Surg. 2016; 103: 971-988
Supported by the Departments of Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otolaryngology, and Anesthesia at Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital/Mbarara University of Science and Technology. Salary support for Geoffrey A. Anderson was provided by the Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, and he received a grant from the Partners Centers for Expertise. Lenka Ilcisin was funded by the Doris Duke Foundation. Mark G. Shrime was funded by the Kletjian Foundation and the GE Foundation Safe Surgery 2020 program.
Mark G. Shrime has received money for talks produced by Ethicon.